Time skip to later that day... 

        Marinette and Luka are both off work.  Marinette and Luka go out for their hang out.  Marinette dreads it.  She wishes she were with Adrien.  Luka, of course, knows none of this.  It is not as if Marinette  dares to tell him.  She can not tell him.  So, she says nothing.

      Luka grabs her hand and Marinette feels like it does not belong there.  She does say a word about it though.  He takes her to a nice cafe and orders his food and hers.  She smiles.  Little does either of them know, but a certain old man sees them together.  He thinks, Hmm, why is she with Mr. Flirty boy, Luka?  She does not love him!  He shrugs his shoulders and watches to see what happens next.

   As they wait for their food to arrive, Luka hands Marinette a present. She opens it and sees a book.  She thinks, thank goodness it is not a necklace.  She looks at the cover, and sees the title,  Mysteries from Outer Space.  

"Uh, thanks, Luka!"   Marinette says.  She is not sure how to react to the gift.  

"So, do you like it?"  Luka ask.  

 "Well, to be honest, I am usually not much of a science fiction fan, but I suppose I could read it anyway.  I mean I might as well, since it is from you." Marinette says.

  "Oh, if you do not like it that is okay. Really, you can just give it back."  Luka says.

   "Are you sure?"  Marinette says.

   "Yes, I am sure!"  Luka says.

   "Oh, okay."  Marinette says.

   The food arrives and they begin to eat.  The entire time Luka smiles at her.  Only Marinette seems to have something else, or rather someone else on her mind.

    Meanwhile, with Mr  Fu...

The old man leaves and decides to go see how things are with Adrien. He finds Adrien as he sits on a rock by himself.

    "Hey, Adrien!"  Mr. Fu says.

   "Hey, it is funny!  Last time we talk, you say I need not worry, she will come around. "  Adrien says.

   "Why are you so sad?"  Mr. Fu says.

    "If you really want to know, it is because she is with Luka!  I ask her to hang out tonight, but she already made plans with him.  I mean, why even try when she loves him!  I know you will say otherwise,but she does.  I just know it.  I mean why else would she accept his invite to hang out?" Adrien frowns.  He just looks at the ocean as he speaks.

  "Adrien, look!  I know it looks bad.  You got to believe me that she does not love this Luka guy!  He is not a good fit for her at all.  I mean the guy gave her a science fiction book and she hates science fiction!" Mr. Fu says.

  "What?  You spied on them?"  Adrien looks angry now.

  "Yes, so what if I did.  I was curious to know what they were up too.  By the looks of things Luka was enjoying himself, but Marinette looks miserable." Mr. Fu says.

  "Look, I know you are trying to help, but please just stop!  She does not love me!  So, just forget about there ever being me and her!  I might as well because she loves someone else.  I can not stop her from the way she feels.  I want her to be happy even if I have to give her up." Adrien says.

 "Wow, young man!  This is spoken by a real,gentlemen who try loves the girl!  I admit it I was at least right about your love for her!"  Mr. Fu says.

  "Yeah, so what!  Go trouble someone else!  Love one sided is much to painful!" Adrien says and walks away.

     Mr. Fu shakes and head and thinks, the poor young man has no idea how wrong he is.  I know the woman loves him because she told me herself, but told me to keep this a secret.  Too bad, I to keep this from him.  I can tell he loves her more than even he realizes and more than she could ever know.  Why just the way he reacts to her hang out with Luka proves it.  That and he thinks he has to give up on her because he loves her so!  Wow, if only love were like this all the time!  Hmm, that sure would be great!  Right!  He goes on home.

      Back with Luka and Marinette  and their hang out...

    " Luka, I am sorry, to cut this short, but I really must be going!" Marinette says.

   "Really, I thought you liked hanging out with me!"  Luka says.

  "Look, I am sorry.  I mean you are great guy, but I..."  Marinette says.

   Luka kisses her. Marinette does not return his kiss. Instead, she breaks it and looks at him in shock.  She thinks, how do I tell him?

   "Luka?  You should never kiss a girl just like that without her consent!"  Marinette says. She slaps him hard.

  "What?  I thought you liked me!"  Luka says.

   "Luka, you got the wrong idea.  I love someone else."  Marinette says.

   "Wait, what?  How can you be sure?"  Luka says.

   "I just know okay!" Marinette says.

     Marinette leaves. She cries and thinks, Adrien.  Adrien, what will I do?  Luka, likes me.  Adrien, adores me and I love Adrien!  At least, I think I do.  What am I to do?

    to be continued in Chapter 13  Adrien Ignores Marinette?  

A Miraculous Story: Tough Decision?  AU  by Summer Chengजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें