06

Hadley's POV
Jinx residents
Saturday: October 27th, 2018
11:22am

"well you still look really pretty with them on" his deep smooth voice said as i jogged down the stairs.

pretty? i look pretty?

his words caused me to stop for a second but then i just continued going down the stairs.

"so where do you wanna eat?" he asked, avoiding the fact that he called me pretty.

"i really want a burger" i sighed.

"well come on let's go" he said a huge smile on his face.

together we walked out of my house and to his car. once we approached it, he opened the passenger side door for me.

"thank you" i told him as i sat down. he nodded then i watched as he ran around to the driver side and got in.

"so where do you want to get the burger?" he asked.

"just the diner down the street" i said.

"well that's enough time for one song...the aux cord is right there"

i followed where he pointed then grabbed it and plugged it into my phone.

i've had a certain song in my head so i went to search for it.

within seconds "only heather" by wild nothing was playing.

since i didn't care, and was comfortable, i started singing the lyrics.

"dressed in the moonlight and paler than blue
she has got something that i've never known
i couldn't explain it...i won't even try
she is so lovely she makes me feel high"

i turned to Ethan, made a fist and started singing passionately, just messing around.

"cause only heather
yeah only heather
can make me feel this way"

he turned his head a little, let out a little chuckled, smirked and looked back at the rode.

his laugh is so beautiful.

immediately when he turned his head back i started breaking out in laughter.

Ethan's POV

"misunderstood she's good i can tell
though everyone tells me i'm under her spell
but i'll never leave her they don't know i'll deal
it's better to fake than to love her for real" she sang loudly, basically screaming. she definitely didn't sound terrible. but she was really cute.

she started laughing at her own stupidity, causing me to do the same.

"cause i'm with heather! yeah only heather! can make me feel this way!"
she was pointing at me with one hand and pretending a mic was in the other.

the song ended as i parked the car in front of "Delilah's Diner".

we were both still chuckling.