“Right, Jimin and I are just…. spending free time.” Instead of convicing, Hoseok’s answer made the situation turned even worse.

Jimin gaped wide as he stomped on Hoseok’s right foot. “Ya! It’s your idea, senior!”

“But Jimin…” whined Hoseok and almost reaching Jimin’s shoulder around his arm if the boy didn’t fastly drawing away.

“It’s not my business.” Jungkook said stiffly, both of his hand were kept inside his pocket as he threw a taunt gaze towards Jimin, “But, shouldn’t both of you aware of the surrounding? Don’t you think there’s a better place to make out instead of behind the bushes?” he mocked and then scoffed loudly.

Jimin couldn’t stand it any longer, he almost screamed his heart off in front of them, “Hoseok and I have nothing between us! I just….” Jimin held his outburst because he had promised. So instead, he just looked down and really wished that he could just disappear into thin air.

“Just what? Even you’re dating each other, it isn’t my business.” Jungkook said flatly and then he turned his sight to Sera, “By the way, would you like to accompany me buying shoes at Sunday? I’m bored at home.” As Jungkook said ‘bored’, he glanced at Jimin as if he directed the word for Jimin.

“Yes, I’d like that.” Sera happily answered, “We’ll go at the morning?”

“No, we’ll go at the afternoon so that you’ll not be tired after this trip.” Jungkook replied with a small smile.

A smile that Jimin always hoped being directed at him, but it would never happen.

Jimin was trembling, he felt his feet weakened and his eyes started watering. Why did Jungkook ask Sera out right in front of Jimin’s eyes?

It had been far too much. Too much that Jimin’s heart could bear.

“Jimin” Hoseok’s soft voice broke his chaos thought.

As fast as possible, Jimin wiped his face and stared back at Hoseok, “I’ve said that it’s useless senior. So don’t drag me to your plan anymore. I’m out!”

Lastly, Jimin threw a hurted stare at Jungkook before turned around and walked limply to their inn.

++++

The tennis club camp ended with a horrible disaster that Jimin could ever imagine. Jungkook asked Sera out and it meant that Jungkook would finally have a date  with someone.

And it was definitely not Jimin.

Remembering it was enough to made Jimin ignored Hoseok along their way to home. He didn’t bother responding how many times Hoseok tried to apologize to him.

“The apologize can’t change the fact that I’ll suffer broken heart tomorrow….” Jimin muttered as he glanced the seat  2 rows behind him.

Sera and Jungkook shared the same seat again, chatting and laughing together.

Jimin blinked his glistening eyes. He ever fantasized that Jungkook could treat him that way. Don’t bother with laughing and smiling, he only wanted to talk as normal friend, but since high school Jimin had known it would be an impossible fantasy.

And now? Instead Jungkook could easily treat someone as Jimin had dreamed of for so long.
“Jungkook-ah…” Jimin whispered before reluctantly turned his gaze forward. His head felt heavier, he hoped they would never reach home.

"Jimin, hey Jimin?” Hoseok came approaching Jimin’s seat and wave his hand in front of the younger boy face, because since the bus had stopped, Jimin stayed silent on the bus.