Chapter 17 : Dealing with wolves (part 1)

Start from the beginning

Emily tells me he's a hard ass and if you try to weasel your way out of his class, you'll end up doing twice the work you're supposed to do.

They both looked my way the minute I entered and I felt this spasm in my chest as if bad news was right around the corner.

"Please have a seat, Miss Spencer, we have something to discuss.", principal Moore started with his eyes plastered on a piece of paper.

I quietly made my way to the chair facing his desk. As I sat down, I noticed that the wide open school file on his desk was mine and in his hands was my medical record. I kept quiet, just wondering what the hell made them go poking around in affaires that had no business being poked at.

Am I getting expelled? Is there a problem with my scholarship? Was I caught for the mishandling of my uniform a few weeks back?

"This is Mister Hall, Eastwell's physical education teacher", Mister Moore raised his eyes from the paper and Mister Hall just looked over to me, towering over us like an American Bald eagle, "he believes exemption from the health curriculum should only be given under extreme cases of physical inability..."

I chocked on my own saliva before almost having a stroke.

I think I know where this is going and I'm going to scream! No !! This is not happening!

"I have a medical condition!" I stopped him before he even gets to make his point and stupid mister Hall looked down at my file.

"The exemption was given without my approval or even discussing the possibility of adapting the curriculum to fit your physical tolerance!", he spoke, his voice was so deep, "Asthma is not a crippling condition, I believe all student should be exerting some sort of physical activity, your exemption will be lifted and you will simply have to be closely supervised during class!", he spoke, his blue track pants making a screeching noise as he shifted his weight on his other leg.

You can't supervise an asthma attack you dumb prick!

"Prolonged physical activity gives me severe bronchosmasms!" I keep my voice from raising as I'm stating facts, but I just sounded like I was pleading for mercy, I mean come the fuck on!, "there's a reason I asked for exemption and the school agreed. I had a written statement from a licensed medical doctor. You can't decide to ignore it after four whole months. How will I even be graded?", despite my boiling blood I was still being calm and professional. I don't think the gym teacher expected me to stand up for myself. He raised his eyebrows at me in slight surprise. It felt like I had done something wrong and should have just kept quiet.

Wait, NO!

This has to be violating some kind of student's right. This is insane, they gave me permission to skip gym class. Come on Alexa, discuss this like an adult! You are the one who's right! He doesn't scare you!

Here's an overview of my asthma; It's completely random but when I get an attack and I miss the chance to use my inhaler. It's not like I just sit down for a second and it goes away. No. I'll find myself on four legs on the ground, barely able to lift my head, with my throat closing up and the sensation of dying creeping into me.

There's another issue here as well; This class will now too become a grade. Meaning if I don't perform well, it'll drag my average down. And I know for a fact I'm not going to perform well. I hate gym class!

Give me a break!! Give me a fucking BREAK!!!

"Exercise is important to the development and maintenance of a healthy body in all Eastwell students, including asthmatics." Hall simply stated as if he was my designated body health superintendent.