#13 - Crew Meeting

Chapter 13 - Crew Meeting
published: Wednesday, 20 February 2019

"Percy," someone hissed. "Wake up."

Percy was shaken awake, his vision blurry and his mind still sleepy. As he blinked the world into focus, Piper's concerned expression came into view, her kaleidoscope eyes looking at him with worry.

"Why did you sleep here?" Piper asked him. "You should've gone back to you room."

Percy yawned and slowly sat up on the couch. He glanced to his right, where Annabeth was still unconscious, though her face was no longer a sickly pale colour, and now had some colour to it.

He'd been afraid Annabeth would wake up during the night, and he didn't want her to be alone when she regained consciousness. Percy was also anxious to see how she was, after the cold way she had treated him the day before.

In addition, she wasn't getting enough food, which could seriously affect her health.

"I didn't know I had a room," Percy said finally.

Piper rolled her eyes. "Leo and Annabeth rebuilt the ship. Of course, you have a room. It's between Frank's and Jason's because you're the deepest sleeper and they snore the loudest."

Percy chuckled. "It's good to be back."

He stood up and groaned. His muscles were sore from the fight, and from actually being able to walk around freely for the first time in five years.

For once, he didn't have an interrogation or a training session with the warriors scheduled. He could eat however much he wanted and drink as much blue Coke as he wished.

Percy decided the first thing he needed was a really good cheeseburger. He hadn't had one in the longest time.

"It's a crew meeting in the living room," Piper explained. "Jason sent me to get you."

"You haven't told him yet," Percy realised as he studied her face.

Piper looked down in regret. "I know. I just couldn't. He was so happy to see me yesterday, I didn't know how he would react if I told him."

"You'll have to tell him soon," Percy said gently.

"I know," Piper said miserably. "It's been over three months. I'm going to start showing soon."

Percy nudged her in the side. "Ready for the morning sickness?"

Piper pulled a face. "Can't wait."

"Don't worry, I'm like the pregnancy expert," Percy told her proudly. "I helped my mum a lot when she was pregnant with Estelle. I know all about the trimesters and stuff."

"You can be my temporary OB/GYN," Piper said.

"I don't think I'm equipped to deliver a baby," Percy said nervously.

"Hopefully the quest will be over by then," Piper said wistfully. "I don't want to be seasick when I'm in labour."

"Hey." Hazel poked her head inside he infirmary. "We're waiting for you guys."

"Sorry, he wouldn't budge," Piper apologised.

"Don't blame me!" Percy protested as the two girls dragged him upstairs.

As Percy entered the dining hall, he was hit with a massive ripple of déjà vu from head to toe. It wasn't much different from their first quest together.

Percy glanced at the chair at the head of the table, where he and Jason had both awkwardly tried to sit in it before allowing Annabeth to take the lead.