Chapter 4

Demetrius's Pov

"We'll always keep in contact." I reassure and Angelo nods. I look over at Ava and she looks at me with guilt written all over her face before standing up and walking into my bedroom. She closes the door behind her and Angelo sighs. "Hey, I'm sorry if I made her sad. I'm just not ready for that kind of transition. And I know it's for good reason, I just.... I don't know bro. Maybe I should come back in a day or two and things will have changed?" He asks.

"Yeah no worries. I'll talk to her for now and just let me know when you'll be back." I assure him and he gives a half-smile before leaving. I walk into my bedroom and immediately hiss when the sun touches my skin. Ava quickly gets up and shuts the curtain before comforting me. "Are you okay?" She asks frantically. "Yeah." I say holding the part of my chest that was burnt. "I really gotta get you an amulet. You can't be in the sun without one." She sighs.

"Where will you get it from?" I ask and she shrugs. "I have a bunch back home. But I don't know how I'll get to them without my dad knowing." She sighs. "The ladder!" I remember and she looks at me confused. "Excuse me?" She says and I chuckle. "The ladder. The one I use to get into your room?" I explain and she smiles and nods her head. "Oh yeah. I forgot about that thing. But I think my window is closed, I'm not sure that'll work." She says and frowns. "I mean, it's worth a try, right? If that's the closest place to get one without much trouble, then yeah, I would say try it." I convince her. She smirks and stands up.

"Okay then, let's get you that amulet. We'll have to find you something to cover your whole body." She looks around my room, thinking. She rummages through my closet before tossing me some jeans and a hoodie. "Here. Put this on. Anddddd these too." She says, tossing a pair of sunglasses my way. "Can I take a shower first? I haven't showered since before what happened last night." I ask and scratch my head. "Oh. Yeah, of course. Just- be quick, okay?" She asks and I nod, walking to the bathroom. A few minutes later, I'm in the shower, when I feel some arms wrap around my torso. I jump only to realize it's Ava. I chuckle and lick my lips. "Ava, sweetheart, whatchu doing in here?" I ask and I feel her lips on my back.

"I wanted to take a shower too. I just figured you wouldn't mind. Do you?" She asks and I rub her arms. "Nah babygirl, I don't." I turn around in the shower. Her skin glowed as she kept her arms wrapped around me, looking up at me. "You're so beautiful." I mumble to her, maintaining eye contact. She looks away, blushing harshly. I grab her chin, turning her to face me. I lean down and connect our lips. Her arms wrapped around my neck. My hand holds the back of her neck, pulling her closer to me. She turns us around and walks us backward until my back hits the cold tile walls.

I hiss as goosebumps appear on my skin. She smirks into the kiss as my hands begin to explore her body. I rest them on the small of her back and almost touch her behind, but she pulls away, giggling. "We don't have time for all that." She mumbles. We wash up and get out, getting dressed. I laugh at her outfit.

"What?" she asks, smiling

"What?" she asks, smiling. "You're not in the slightest bit dressed to be inconspicuous." I explain and she shrugs. "Not like I care. I'm gonna be in and out." she responds and I nod. "Let's hope you're right." I sigh. I throw the hood on my head and we walk to my car. "You wanna drive?" I ask her and looks over at me, rolling her eyes. "You KNOW good and hell well that I don't know how to drive." she says and we both start laughing. "Sorry baby, you right." I say, placing my right hand on her thigh, squeezing it. In the corner of my eye, I could see her biting her lip. Once we arrive at her house, she says leans back in the seat. "No, you can't park here. My dad will see me getting out of it, park a couple blocks away." she says parking on a random direction. I nod, doing as told. I park behind a house and Ava slowly unbuckles her seatbelt. She lets out a breath, rubbing her hands against her pants. Her leg bounces up and down as she stares in the direction of her house. "This is the first time I've ever actually been afraid to see my dad." she mumbles to me. I grab her hand and look in her eyes. "If you don't want to, you don't have to. We can always find another way to get one." I reassure her and she shakes her head. "No, this the best place we can get one. I had so many different ones that it would just be easier to get one from here. Besides, can't be that hard to just sneak up and get one, right?" She looks at me and I smile. "Do what you gotta do, baby." I tell her and she huffs. She cups my face and smashes her lips into mine. I kiss back and she pulls away. "If I don't come back in 30 minutes, come get me, okay?" she requests. "I gotchu, babygirl." I assure her and she nods, getting out of the car.

Ava's Pov

"Get the ladder, climb through the window, get amulets, get out." I repeat my plan over and over as I walk towards my house. I hop our side fence, landing in the backyard. "Alright where the hell is the ladder?" I ask myself in a mumble. Finding the ladder, I carefully place it up against the wall under my window. "Please let the window be open, please, please be open." I mumble under my breath. I climb the ladder slowly, trying to avoid the squeaks it may make. Making it to the top, I sigh in relief, seeing my window open. I climb inside quietly. I tip toe towards my closet. Reaching up towards my shoe boxes, I grab one, opening it, revealing all my amulets. I turn to leave only run into a body standing in front of me. I look up, seeing my father looking down at me. 

"Hello sweetheart." 

Hey wassup yall im sorry for the long ass hiatus. Niggas was busy out here and I had writers block for the longest time . Plus im working on a new story so I got a lot going on. But I hope yall enjoy.