Chapter 2

Ava Pov
My eyes open as I realize Demetrius is no longer laying with me. I sigh and roll over, facing the other side of the coffin. He always left a little after I fell asleep because he didn't want my dad to find us. He didn't want me to get in trouble. He cared a lot about me. I opened my phone and texted him

Text Convo
Ava: Meech, you went home didn't you? 😒😒😒
MeechieBaby❤️❤️❤️: yeah but I ain't expect you to wake up so soon.
Ava: I sleep best when you're around. ❤️❤️❤️❤️
MeechieBaby❤️❤️❤️: you also snore a lot when I'm around😂😂😂😂
Ava: Meech! 😡😡😡 you know damn well I don't snore 😂😂😂
MeechieBaby❤️❤️❤️: I mean, if that's what you believe lol.
Ava: Seriously tho, I was thinking.... 👀👀👀
MeechieBaby❤️❤️❤️: Thinking what??? 😏😏😏
Ava: You said you wanted to get out of your family's house, right?
MeechieBaby❤️❤️❤️: yeah, what about it?
Ava: we can leave and live together, wouldn't that be cool? 🤗🤗🤗🤗
MeechieBaby❤️❤️❤️: I mean, what about  money?
Ava: I'll get some from my dad
MeechieBaby❤️❤️❤️:  No, you won't.
Ava: Wym? 🤔🤔
MeechieBaby❤️❤️❤️: if me and you live together, you gotta be on your shit. Can't be relying on your dad. Gotta be out here tryna make that money by yourself.
Ava: So you don't think I can do that?
MeechieBaby❤️❤️❤️: did I say that?
Ava: it's what your implying
MeechieBaby❤️❤️❤️: all I'm saying is that I want you to be independent. Gotta learn to do shit on your own.

I read his words over and over and debated responding. My heart raced as I hovered my finger over the call button. Just as I was about to press the call button, my coffin lid was opened, revealing my father's figure. "Get up." He says sternly and I mean mug him before getting out of my coffin. "Yes, father." I say and he sighs. "What's with you lately?" He asks. "Listen dad, I know I'm your daughter. I know that you want to protect me. But I am 21 years old. In human years. I just want you to realize that I am old enough to make my own decisions. I am an adult. I just want you to treat me as such." I state and he looks dumbfounded. "Treat you as an adult? How I can when you're out all hours of the night and I have to beg you to come home? I can't trust you to stay in the house or not see that Demetrius guy-" "Hey! Demetrius is a great guy! He is my friend and you WILL NOT disrespect him." I say.

"You don't tell me what to do young lady. I don't like him. And I forbid you to see him!" He yells and tears form in my eyes. "Forbid me? You forbid me to see him? Well, fine. I forbid you to see me! I'm out of here!" I yell back and grab my old backpack out of the closet. I shut down my humanity so I wouldn't cry in front of him, I refused for him to see me cry. "Stop packing this instant, Ava!" He shouts but I ignore him and keep packing. He tried to grab the backpack from me but I wouldn't let go. "Dad, Stop!" I yell angrily, pulling the backpack toward myself. Suddenly, he grabs me and throws me toward the wall. I land on the floor on my side. I look at him fearfully as his fangs appear. He's never done anything to me like this before. I clutch my hurt arm and his expression softens as he approaches me.

"Sweetheart. Oh no, I didn't-" Before he could finish, I get up and grab my backpack and phone, rushing down the stairs. My dad repeatedly calls my name, chasing after me but I tune him out. Once I get out the door, I begin to jog to Meech's house. I call him and he doesn't pick up. It was weird but I figured he was asleep or something. I finally reach his house. My arm had mostly healed, there were a few bruises left. I banged on his window, tears flowing down my face. He looked at me and immediately opened the window. I climbed through and fell to the floor, breaking down. He sits next to me and holds me close as I cry on his shoulder. "It's okay, Ava. It's okay, just let it out." He comforts, rubbing my back. "He hit me." I cry and Meech rubs my back.