Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire

Harry was very protective of the women in his life — his love Y/N, his mother Anne, and his sister Gemma; sometimes too protective (which couldn't be mentioned enough). But he was not the one to blame, he'd grown up being the only man in the family and therefore had always pressured himself to be the one who kept his loved ones safe and well taken care of.

So it was pretty normal that he got extra concerned every time his sister started a new relationship. Whenever that happened, he insisted on meeting the guy Gemma was seeing, just to talk, like civil men; and if the dude was a total scumbag, then he'd have to try to get rid of him, without throwing any punches of course.

This time was no exception. Gemma had moved back to London recently because she'd been seeing someone here for about a month now. Harry had never met him, but she'd shown him the photos, and that day they would meet for the first time at Harry's flat.

"When are they gonna be here?" Y/N asked with her arms wrapped around her boyfriend's waist from behind while he was making coffee for the two of them.

"Soon I think," he replied, checking the time on his watch. "I can't wait to meet this man, she told me all kinds of things about him."

"Good or bad things?"

"Good." Harry unwrapped her arms around his torso to hand her the coffee cup. "That is why he's so suspicious. No man is that nice."

"You are." Y/N bit back a smile as she watched one formed on her boyfriend's handsome face.

"You're such a flirt." He snorted, grazing her sides gently. "But I'm serious, you can never be too cautious. They had only known each other for a few days before they got together, not like us."

His relationship with Y/N had now become a parameter for the other relationships he knew, because of course, he was proud of what they have, it was the best thing that had ever happened to him honestly.

"You know, I actually agree with you this time." Y/N rolled her eyes. "Remember when I told you Ben just started dating his co-worker last week?"

"Oh, yeah, how are they?"

"I know nothing about the guy, not even his name! Well, Ben did show me a photo of him before they got together, but that's it, nothing else besides the fact that Ben's obsessed with him!" Y/N paused to blow into her coffee and take a sip, furrowing her eyebrows. "I mean, he's practically planning their wedding inside his head and rarely hangs out with me anymore. I'm happy for Ben but I think he's moving too fast."

"Right? I feel like people are just rushing into relationships nowadays." Harry scoffed while shaking his head. "They should all learn from us."

Y/N snorted when she hear what he said. "You mean they should all keep their feelings to themselves, pretend they hate each other then only confess when they feel like they might lose the other person?"

"No!" Harry laughed, though his girlfriend had just accurately summed up their whole relationship in one question. "They should get to know each other well first, every good relationship starts with a good friendship."

"I love how you've only been in one serious relationship and you're talking like an expert now. That's hot." She smirked and leaned in to kiss him on the mouth because he kept biting his lip and for that she couldn't help herself anymore.

Harry cracked a smile when his girlfriend pushed him a step backward, so she could set the cup down on the table behind him to hold his face, putting more pressure into their kiss. Oh she definitely wanted him.

"What are you doing?" Y/N sighed in frustration as he pulled away, and when Harry brought his hands to cup her cheeks, she had to open her eyes and look at him.