Fifty Five

"Whoa. Whoa. Whoa." Finn held his hands up in surrender.
"If I had a white flag I'd raise it." He told me and I rolled my eyes. How cliché.

"Tell me everything Finn." I raised my voice slightly at him as I was beginning to get agitated.

"Tell you what? What exactly do you want to know?" He began to raise his voice too. I don't know why he was the one getting annoyed. He had nothing to be annoyed about, I was not hiding anything from him, yet he was hiding a lot from me. Including any information he has on my father, when he knows I've been trying to find him.

"Everything. You can start with why you have a contact on your phone with "y/n's dad" as the contact name. And why he told you he had all the supplies needed." I turned the screen of his phone to his face, whilst I still kept the gun pointed at him. He stared at the screen at the only message my dad had sent to him, before his eyes made contact with mine. A frown appeared on my face which resulted in a frown appearing on his face.

"What are you doing with my phone?" He huffed at me and tried to snatch it out of my hands.

"No." I pushed the gun closer to him, but also making sure I didn't give up his phone in the process.
"Tell me everything or..."

"Or what?" He interrupted. His eyes narrowed at me as my hands shook.

"Or I'll shoot you." I held the gun tighter as I steadied my hand and took a deep breath.

Finn just laughed at me and put his hands down, except he didn't move from the bed. He stayed sat up. His hair was wild and messy and he had bags under his eyes, which seemed normal considering it was something like 3am.

"That's a funny joke. You don't even know how the thing work-" before he could finish his sentence I fired the gun at the wall right next to the bed, causing him to flinch and place his hands over his head.

"Next bullet goes into your head. Do you understand me?" I pointed the gun back at him, but, he didn't move from his position.
"So. Start. Talking." I yelled at him through gritted teeth. He raised his head up at me so he was now glaring at me.

"Fine." Finn huffed out.
"I have your dad's number because I know him."

"Why do you have this?" I pulled out the sonogram with the date of when both me and Finn were born.
"Explain this to me. Why are there two babies in this sonogram Finn?" I asked him and he jumped out of bed and strolled over to me. He snatched the sonogram out of my hands and studied it for a split second with his beady eyes.

"I only recently found this picture-"

"Why do you have it in the first place?" I asked him. My free hand now cupped my other hand that was still fastened securely around the handle of the gun. Finn frowned slightly and studied it further.

"It's dated on our birthdays so it's possible that one of us has a twin brother or sister that we didn't know about." He kept his eyes secured on the sonogram as if he was studying every detail of it.

"But why would everyone have kept it a secret from us? Which one of us had a twin?" A bunch of questions started popping up into my head. It took me a while to process the words that were being fed to me by Finn.
"Wait..." I started.
"You don't think-" I asked him and he pulled a face at me.

"Oh no, I don't think that we are related. We were really close so I don't think any of our parents would want to mess that up by separating us at birth and then not telling us that we were siblings." He started to tell me.
"We're definitely not siblings." He told me with a confident smile. But, how could he be so sure and confident about it when we don't know anything about this mysterious baby.

"Your dad was always acting weird. He got suspicious when we started asking about my dad. He lied about him, making up a story of how he died in a lab trying to find a cure for cancer. He has a secret room in the basement that no one but him is allowed in. What is he even hiding?"

"I don't know." Finn hesitated.
"I don't think we're siblings. I think my dad would have told us if we are." He crossed his arms against his chest.

"What about your mom? She was acting suspicious too." I spoke up and a wave of panic washed over his face.
"What?"

"My mom. She-" He started and we quickly turned around to the door as there was a loud noise. The door flung open to reveal a guy, holding a gun straight at us. My hands were shaking but I held the gun up to him.

"She's dead." He spoke with a muffled voice since he had a black mask over his face. His hair was freely falling behind the mask but it was too dark in the hallway to see the color of it. His stance was straight with one leg in front of the other, one of his knees were bent and his arms and hands were very steady. He definitely knew what he was doing; as if this wasn't his first time. It seemed like he ignored the gun I was trying to focus on him. Man, I suck at this.

Fear and panic was cursing through my veins because this guy was just standing there. If he's with the others who are after us, then why is he just standing there? What is he waiting for?

Suddenly, I screamed out of panic as their was the sound of a shot being fired.

T H E    E N D

Authors note: please stick around on this book because there is an epilogue which is important and also the sequel book is up. But, read the epilogue after this before you start reading the sequel book because I can't stress enough how important the epilogue is.