Four

"So I drown it out like I always do
Dancing through our house with the ghost of you
And I chase it down, with a shot of truth
Dancing through our house with the ghost of you" I sung the last chorus of the song. I took a minute to admire the beautiful guitar in my hands.

"That was amazing." I jumped and turned around as I heard a voice. I saw a girl with dark blonde hair stood in the doorway of the music room.
"Also that's my guitar." She pointed to the instrument in my hands and I quickly got up to give it to her.

"I'm sorry." I made sure she took it as my head was hung low. I made my way to the exit just behind her.
"I'm Ayla btw." I heard her say. I just continued walking away. I didn't want to be rude but I've never had anyone speak to me unless they wanted to make fun of me...

- time skip -

"A girl saw me in the music room today mom. It was the first time someone had said something nice to me." I told my mom, sitting next to her stone.
"Everything is so hard and I don't know how much longer I can cope." I stared at her stone.
"I wish you were still here mom. You seemed to make everything a lot better." I paused and stared at her stone for a while.
"School seems to get worse and worse as each day passes. Finn turns into more of an asshole than he was the day before and his girlfriend Camila thinks she owns the school and bullies everyone she meets. Yet the power couple of the school  have everyone worshipping at their feet." I played with the sleeves of my hoodie.
"Everyone except for me that is. They may be popular but they're still both the meanest people anyone will meet and I will always despise them." Right now I would imagine that my mom would say something like 'Everything is going to be ok' or that 'life will be better when you leave high school. Only one more year to get through, only a few more months until you can legally move out and find your own place away form Adam.' Although, she wouldn't call him Adam, she would say 'your father' but I made it very clear. Adam is NOT my father and he NEVER will be...

I took out my phone and checked the time to see that it was 9pm. My step-dad made it clear that he didn't want me to go home so I placed my bag down next to my mom's stone and placed my head on it, looking up at the sky. The sun was beginning to set so the sky was getting darker and so I just watched it until the sun had disappeared behind the hills.

"Goodnight mom." I kissed my hand and placed it on mums stone before closing my eyes.

Authors note: I'm NoT cRyInG...WhAt ArE tEaRs?