Chapter Ten: Figuring Things Out

'You ordered pizza without me?' - Joey Tribbiani, The One With Ross' Wedding

---

He started to sit down near the edge of the sofa, his face still down from what he was thinking about. I wanted him to snap out of it. I really needed to get back to "my world" where I existed, where everybody knows me, and soon too.

"Okay, so Mister 'I have a PhD guy'," I tried to butter him up, "What should I do? What do I have to do?"

"For what?"

I puffed out my cheeks as I exhaled with bother. "You know, so that everybody knows me and that I exist?"

"Oh, right." He nodded his head, probably noticing that I was impatient. "Can I look at the notes again?"

I handed them to him as he started to read slowly and carefully. "MAKE PEOPLE REMEMBER YOU... PUT EVERYTHING BACK TO NORMAL... AND SIT YOUR FRIENDS ON THE COUCH." He stared at it while moving his mouth, thinking. "Hm, let's do this step by step. Make people remember you.." He looked up at me and made his thinking face. "Maybe your friends?"

I clapped my hands once, my face lightening up. "That's right! That's just you, Rachel, Phoebe, Joey and.. Monica.." I sighed as I said her name. Thinking about her, made me realise how much I missed her. So this is what pain feels like. The one that you truly love not recognising you. I was trapped in a daydream until Ross snapped me out of it.

"Okay, well you have me all figured out.. I guess I sorta believe you.. But remember, you're dealing with a professor of evolution here, it takes forever to believe something so that doesn't mean I am believing you 100%. Understand?" Uhm. What did he just say? I just nodded my head, just wanting him to "remember" me.

"Alright, well who do you want to remember you first?"

I thought about it. I really wanted Monica to be the first, but I'll save the best til last. And I knew Rachel was going to be hard to get with Ross now this vulnerable. I guess out of Phoebe and Joey, I would choose Joey. I mean first of all, I found him, so it'll basically be me trying to be friends again with him.

"Uhm, let's try and get Joey first."

"Who's he?"

"Does it matter?"

"Well yeah, seeing that I'm friends with him as well and you want to try and find him.."

I sighed. Of course he would want to know everything. "Alright then… he's an Italian guy, he LOVES food.. Oh, and also, he gets all the ladies."

"Wai-What? He gets girls? Does he steal?"

"Wellll…" I saw his face turning horrified. Is it cause he thinks that he thinks Joey will steal Rachel? Woah, did he just become protective..? But I better not make anything to change his mind into helping me.. "No, no of course not.." I changed my face into a serious face, face tense and all that. I nudged him.

"Definitely not Rachel, I'm sure. I mean you two belong together." I smiled at him and he smiled back and nodded a little.

***

We walked down the stairs and apparently we've been up there for so long that we didn't realise that the party was over and it was quiet except for Julie cleaning  up the mess. She saw us and smiled.

"Hey boys, where are you guys going off to?" We stopped in our tracks. We were not prepared for this...

We both gave a forced chuckle to her. Ross spoke first, I could say I was a bit relieved. He'll have a good excuse, I'm sure. "Yeah, you'll never believe it.. We're going, we're going to… where are we going, Chandler?" He turned to me.