Chapter Eleven: Talking To The Tribbiani

'I got you something! Open it! Open it!' - Joey Tribbiani, The One With A Chick And A Duck

'Okay... It’s a chicken.' - Chandler Bing, The One With A Chick And A Duck

---

"Dude, you scared me!" Joey turned around after I felt him do a little jump. He looked a little upset and half angry seeing as he was one, upset that a stranger just went up to him for no apparent reason and two, he was eating pizza and was disturbed. There's no use separating those two from each other. Pizza is Joey's life! That and girls of course…

"Sorry bout that Jo." I was surprised at first that he seemed shocked but he was even scared when Monica put on this turkey on her head for thanksgiving cause I was angry at her cause her knife cut my toe! MY TOE! Yeah, but she managed to get me to forgive her. Which was good.. It just makes me remember how easy it was for us to forgive one another.. We don't want to keep on fighting and breaking up just like Ross and Rachel. Woah, I'm letting all my feelings run through.. It's weird how I got from Joey's feminine to relationships!

I snapped out of it and I saw Joey still staring at me and I could see his eyebrows cringed as his eyes widened expecting an answer. I scratched my head playfully as I thought about what I was going to say next.

"So, uh, what you got there?" I knew that the answer was obvious but I had to make small talk after just randomly tapping a "stranger" on the shoulder and not be friends with him.

"Uhm, pizza?" He said that in a way like it was the most obvious thing in the world. It wasn't really. Except for the fact that we were in a pizza shop.. And I saw pizza boxes everywhere… yeah, you could say that it was pretty obvious.

"So-ah could we have some?" After eating those horrible turkey sandwiches, I actually didn't feel at all hungry. Strange. I knew the answer was going to be a no, but I might as well try, I could probably still fit in some pizza in my tummy.

"Well I would, but I'm still hungry."

Ross, yes he was still standing awkwardly there,  and I looked at all the boxes that he had eaten and there were about 5-6 large pizza boxes flung open, the oil on the cardboard still visibly shown. Classic Joey.

I saw Ross look towards me and his eyes were bulging and his mouth moved to say the words, 'Oh my God!'

I pursed my lips and nodded. I just knew everything about Joey that it seemed as if I could easily predict him. I felt a sort of tag or a pull from my sleeve and I turned around. Joey started to become confused. I could just tell by his face.

"What you noddin' for?"

"Nothing, nothing.." I just couldn't contain to smile. I finally had my two best pals here - even if they don't remember me. "It's-It's just.." I took a deep breath, looked at Ross and he gave me the nod. I tried again and I'll use small words and change the truth a little. "Pretend you've lost a best friend for years." He started nodding slowly. "And you've sort've forgotten about him. And he's back now." I pointed at myself and smiled harder.

"You mean you're my best friend?" I nodded. "Wow.. That's a lot to take in.." Really? I'm non-existent for crying out loud!

"Alright, I believe you." Yep, that definitely took a long time to take in.. "But." Oh, there's the catch! "Prove it."

"Okay.. how?" I was starting to become suspicious. This was a little unlike Joey.. Not gullible.

He started looking around, probably thinking of something to test me with. I saw his face lighten as he spotted something. I was turning to look but you could say I was too scared to with everything going on lately.