Chapter Twenty: You'll Never Believe It

{Inserting quote soon cx}

I woke up the next morning, with Monica beside me. I rotated myself so that I could see her, just lying there, eyelids closed. She was smiling, her hands tucked beneath her cheek, her wavy brown hair that was just gently resting beside her on the other side of the pillow. I smiled as I just kept on watching her breathe softly in and out. I know that I didn't like people watching me sleep, but now I can understand why they just watch me. I guess it's relaxing, especially if she's your wife.

I was really scared of waking her up - she just looked so peaceful. I was still staring at her, and it might have been me, or the timing was perfect, but her smooth eyelids started to gently open, just like what you see in movies. Except that this was real. She was real, she was right next to me. She took another couple of blinks to see me more clearer and smiled, teeth showing. I smiled wider, even though I thought that it was impossible.

"Morning sunshine," I whispered softly.

"Morning…" She yawned lightly, eyes closed, letting out a deep breath. Suddenly. Her eyes flicked open and she sat up immediately, looking alarmed. "Do you have to be at work?"

I slowly sat up next to her, her eyes just watching every move I make. "No, no, of course not…" I smiled. "And even if I did, I would quit my job, just for you."

Her back wasn't straight now and it loosened, as her mouth crept up. "I love you so much…" Her arms stretched out to the back of my neck and gave me a kiss straight on my lips and my arms slid to her waist, while I returned the favour. I started to put my tongue into the kiss, but the door slammed open… Why… why is it always Rachel?!

We both turned our head around as we were both on our knees. Rachel looked startled, why wouldn't she be? Monica and I together…

"Oh.. Um, guys… I'm so sorry…" She fiddled with her hands. "I just need to borrow Monica.. Cause I'm cooking and that's not gonna turn out right…"

Monica stared at her for a while, and then looked at me, and then back at Rachel. "Okay. Yep." She started to slide off to the foot of the bed while I let myself fall back, so that I was now staring at the ceiling. I rolled my eyes. Was Rachel more important than me? Surely not, but why did it seem like it? They started to move out, even though I didn't notice it. "Thanks for taking her away… cause you know… we weren't doing anything…" Sarcasm was obviously my highest quality.

***

After a little while, I knew that Monica was probably not going to come back, so I decided to get up, and put my robe on. My eyes were still half closed and my hair was a total mess. I started to inch my way towards the bedroom door, and once I reached the end, I saw a shadow just open the door to the entrance of Mon's apartment. I squinted my eyes, and like a jigsaw puzzle, I started to recognise who it was - Joey.

"Jo?" I asked still dazed from the head rush I received from standing up. "What're you doing here? You're never a morning person…"

"Yeah…" He started his sentence using that word? Okay, he probably doesn't have a good reason… "I gotta tell you something important that happened last night, and you're probably going to be real happy with me…"

"Okay…" I was a little unsure about how this was going to go - if I was actually going to be happy, or just have no impact on me. He wasn't eager as if he had a major acting job, but it was as half serious and half just wanting to talk to me.

"Alright, so…" It seems as if he's been doing a lot of retelling these past few days… why do I keep on missing these important things?

---