« 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 »

Mulai dari awal

he chuckled nervously and averted his gaze to the road like he should. i smiled widely as i looked out the window, staring at the little drops of rain that fell from the sky. it was a light drizzle; something that reminded me of you. i miss you.

every passing second in his car felt like hell and i wanted to get out. even though the air conditioner was on and outside was cool, being without you was indescribable pain. everything i did doesn't feel the same because i'm so used to doing it with you. even small things like going to a café and studying, it didn't feel right.

pushing my hair to the side, i realised we were heading back to school.

"can you just drop me off at my house?" i asked, keeping my eyes focused on the raindrops clinging onto the window.

"sure, where is it?" he took out his phone and handed it to me. i took it and typed in my address in his google maps. carefully placing it in his phone holder, i sat stiffly, waiting for this to be over so i can go back to my bed and eat and sleep. my homework was done in my free period in school, so i didn't have much to do. though, going to bed early sounded like a good choice. then i could finally escape to dreamland, where everything is just as it was. where everything was what i deemed perfect.

they try to romance me
but you got that nasty
and that's what i want

every single day boys upon boys asked me out in hopes of getting a date with me, yg high school's best student and captain of cheerleading, and part of a school group. sure, that was all great, but i didn't want any of this. i don't want boys asking me out. i don't want to be known as the best student and i especially don't want boys to ask me out because they see me as an obstacle course that they'll beat and a trophy girlfriend. which both i am not.

if i'm being honest, most of the boys here suck. they tell me that they can love me like you did, and that's a huge lie. all they do is mess around and break girls hearts, and i don't want that. if they can treat me like a princess, they can treat everyone else like that too. besides, not only are their personalities shit, their faces are too. i don't know what girls see in them.

so baby, baby
come and save me
don't need those other numbers
when i got my number one

the star baseball team of yg high school, ikon, was going against jyp's best baseball team got7 for the baseball finals. yikes. not only were they all competing for scholarships — they were competing to see who would be crowned best of all time over the past 4 years. knowing you and the boys, that scholarship and title would mean the whole world to you guys.

we, too, were preparing. not only was this a baseball championship, this was also a cheer championship. if we win, we could get scholarships as well — and i dream of getting into a prestigious university, like yale or cambridge. though, i don't mind going to any one of south korea's top universities. yeah, you could say i have high hopes and expectations.

the boys and girls emerged side by side, you to my right. the back of your jersey read 'J. CHANWOO' and you're number was 1. i remember you specifically asking for number 1 because you believed that it's your lucky number — but many people believe that 1 is their lucky number because it is, after all, number 1.

feeling my heart pound in my chest at the amount of people in the baseball stadium, i kept myself together and held my head high, smiling brightly.