Chapter 17: I'll kill them

Start from the beginning

Glaring at him with my dead eyes, I ignored him and marched away. But stopped in my tracks due to the fact that they begun to talk.

"So... Whats the plan" The voice that sounded so much like Levi spoke. I could imagine him wiggling his eyebrows.

"What plan? " Mordecai's voice sounded

"Come on man, we know You're going to that damn school tomorrow to pay a visit to some motherfuckers " Pedro's Deep voice said next

"I don't know what you are talking about" Mordecai said in monotone

Levi laughed, he was attractive but his laugh wasn't. It sounded like a hyena. A dying one to be exact. "Oh save your shit man. So what time? "

"What are you guys talking about? " Mordecai said in exasperation

"Don't play dumb with us bro. Tell us the time "Kevin's husky voice said next

"Yeah... " Gabriel spoke up "my fists are aching "

Mordecai sighed "I don't know guys. I'm going to kill them. How dare they touch her? She is my sister, mine! "

"You mean yours to boss over? " Kevin questioned.

"Exactly! " he exclaimed

I blinked, almost making my water slip.

"I'm going to be breaking some bones and I only need one name to teach those pussies a fucking lesson " he said breathing heavily

I took that as my Queue to leave, and I did. Downing my water before plopping on the bed.

What are they planning?!

Oh God na die be this one o.

Who is a sibling? A sibling is one who looks out for you, who loves you unconditionally whether you are annoying or not, if you're an imbecile or not, crippled or not. They are your support, best friends, your anchors and so when your sibling doesn't care, when your sibling treats you like shit in a whole new and different place where you know only few people, its heart breaking

It breaks my heart knowing my brother doesn't defend me like I want him to, he doesn't chase boys away from me. He isn't overprotective. It hurts to see he doesn't care and he only looks out to save his butt. Its soul crushing to see him abandon me when I need him the most. I could kill for him to love me unconditionally. What would it take from him to give me attention.

I need his attention, I loved it. I get So mad when girls complain about their overprotective brother's when mine doesn't give two shits about me. I hate when they are all whiny about how their brothers tease them while mine hardly talks to me. I hate when they complain about the pranks when mine hardly plays with me. Why can't people just be grateful for what they have and not just complain complain complain. Because if I had a brother like that I wouldn't trade him for the world.

It was a whole new thing for me to feel when he got mad learning about my abuse at school. I didn't expect him to care, to even blink. My heart felt warm and I thought maybe, just maybe he'll be the brother I always wanted.

The brother who would tease me about boys.

The brother who would go ballistic hearing about my dates.

The brother who would pull pranks on me.

The brother who would do anything just to make me smile.

The brother who would annoy me like there was no tomorrow.

The brother that will try to steal my food.

Now, was that too much to ask? Because I had gotten tired of everything I had been going through. Yet I had this hate.

I hate this boiling hate deep within the depths of my heart. Within these months I had begun to hate my skin color more than anything. I didn't see the pretty girl I saw back in Africa, I saw the girl who was full of hatred for her skin. The dark skin that seemed to glow, contrasting perfectly with my body, hair and lip. I hated it.

I hated it so much, why was I cursed like this? Why was life so cruel? Why didn't my brother get the dark skin and suffer what I'm suffering? Why is it that those with good hearts suffer more?

Why?

Flashback.

It was another beautiful day, one to look forward to. I was thirteen at that time and I was dancing in my room with Favor.

Soon enough I heard my mothers shout, "Carnelian! " she called.

I stopped dancing and looked at Favor in exhaustion, suddenly feeling tired, "ma! " I shouted back, leaving my room and walking to where I heard her voice from.

But I couldn't find her. "Mummy! Where are you?! " I called.

"In the kitchen! " she shouted.

I groaned and walked to the kitchen. Those were the days I got tired of my big house.

When I got to her she was cooking Egusi soup. The sweet aroma filled the air and I suddenly felt hungry.

"Yes mummy? " I eyed the soup.

"Go and buy me salt and tin tomatoes. I forgot we had used all of them"

"Ah! " I exclaimed "all those many cartons? They have finished like that?"

"Carnelian. I don't have power to talk. Please go and buy the tin tomatoes and salt" she waved

"Eh, " I looked at the soup, " what do you want to use salt and tin tomatoes to do? "

She glared at me.

I ran away.

When I left the kitchen, I went to my room to find a more appropriate thing to wear to buy the stuff. I couldn't wear shorts and singlet outside.

"Where are you going? " Favor said, looking at my books on my bed.

"I'm going to buy something. I will be back soon" then I went out.

On my way back, I was stopped by Vincent, my friend.

"Hannah! Where are you going? " he ran up to me.

"I just finished buying something for my mummy. What are you even doing here, sef? "

He laughed " I was just going to Clements house. That boy is owing me 500 Naira. "

"So, because of 500 Naira, you are running after Clement like goat? The Clement self has already used the money to buy card! " I crackled.

Vincent glared.

"Oya. Sorry. Vincent? Sorry na! " I nudged him. "Okay, escort me. " I looped my arm with his and begun walking back home. Soon enough a smile made its way to his face.

That's why I liked Vincent.

Then we reached my house. Vincent and I stood making small jest before a slipper made its way to Vincent's head from above.

I looked up to see Mordecai through his window, frowning.

I gaped at him, " ah Mordecai! "

"Is that the Tin tomato and salt mummy asked you to buy? " he asked glaring at Vincent shamelessly.

Vincent still rubbed the back of his head before looking up at Mordecai.

"Hannah. Come inside, now" he demanded.

I looked at Vincent then at him. With a frown I said, "sorry Vincent, bye, see you in school"

That was the Mordecai of three years ago. I never knew what changed him.