21

"Are we going anywhere today?" I asked Ashton who was lazily laying on my couch, watching the TV. It was Saturday and Ashton just came to my house because he couldn't come the day before.

"I actually have to go soon. I can't go anywhere today, I'm sorry." he said, not moving his gaze from the TV. I nodded.

"Okay." I barely said. I stood up from the couch and walked to the kitchen, filling myself a glass of water.

"Is everything alright?" he called from the living room.

"Of course."

"I said I was sorry because I can't be with you so much this weekend." he said as he walked into the kitchen.

"I know, Ashton. It's fine." I said as I took a sip of my water.

"I know you, it's not fine." he rolled his eyes.

"What's going on with you today?" I asked.

"Nothing, I'm just sick of- of fucking everything." he sighed again. I put the glass on the counter and stepped closer to him. I put my arms around his waist and leaned my head on his chest. He put his arms around me and leaned his chin on the top of my head.

"What's wrong?" I asked softly. He didn't respond for a few seconds, so I lifted my head up to see him. His eyes were watering and it literally broke my heart to see him like this. I furrowed my eyebrows and pushed a strand of his hair out of his face, when he let the tears he was holding back out.

"No, no, no, don't cry, oh my God." I said as I wiped away his tears with my hands. He leaned his forehead on mine and closed his eyes, sobbing a few times.

"Do you want to tell me what's up?" I asked when he finally calmed down.

"Nothing's up, Maddie, that's the point. Everything is down." he cried.

"Ashton, I hate seeing you like this-"

"I hate you." he cut me off by crying again and I was taken aback.

"I hate what you did to me, and I hate what you're going to do to me in the future."

"I-"

"No, I'm sorry." he shook his head, "It's not your fault, I'm being stupid."

I cupped his face with my hands and brought it closer to mine. I slowly kissed him, tasting the salt taste of his tears.

"I love you so much. Okay? No matter what, I love you so much." I said when we broke the kiss. He looked me in the eyes, then nodded slowly.

"Do you really need to go today?" I asked quietly. He shook his head and whispered a 'no' before pressing his lips against mine again.

"Let's do something to cheer you up a little, yeah?" I smiled. His lips turned into a small smile as well, making my heart flutter.

"There's my smiley Ashton." I said as I poked the dimple that showed up on his cheek.

"You know what we should do?"

"What?"

"Sing at the top of our lungs and dance like two idiots." I said. I didn't even wait for his respond, I turned around and searched for a good song.

"I'VE HAD YOU SO MANY TIMES, LET'S FACE IT!" we screamed through the music and jumped around completely out of the beat. I finally got Ashton to laugh again, and I was the happiest girl again. Ashton lifted me up by my waist and tried to spin me around, but failed, and we ended up falling on the floor, rolling around and laughing our hearts out.

"You're so heavy!" Ashton laughed and I gasped, pretendinh to be hurt.

"Are you trying to say I'm fat?" I asked and crossed my arms on my chest.

"No, baby." he laughed as he rolled on top of me, looking me in the eyes.

"You're everything but fat. I'm trying to say I'm not very fit and I need to exercise more." he said and I laughed, putting my hands in his hair.

"You really don't need to exercise more, look at your arms." I scoffed.

"I have an idea."

"That's a first." I joked and he rolled his eyes, making me laugh.

"No seriously. Count the kisses, okay? Tell me when it's 100."

"What?" I asked confused, but he explaned everything when he started doing push ups on me. Everytime he leaned down he pecked my lips. I laughed when I realized what we were doing.

"We're. Like. Those. Cheesy. Tumblr. Couples." I laughes between kisses.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked quickly before his lips met mine again.

"Because. I need a. Motivation." he said and I rolled my eyes.

"Are you even counting?!" he laughed.

"I'm sure it's 100 already."

"You're not even a supportive girlfriend." he groaned as he rolled off of me, laying on my side amd breathinh heavily.

"I was supportive when I told you you look good and you don't need to exercise."

"I know, I didn't mean it." he said as he laid his hand on my stomach.

"But you think I look good?" he asked cheekily and I rolled my eyes.

"No, Ashton, I think you are literally the ugliest person in the world, ew why am I even dating you."

"I love you." he laughed as he rolled on the top of me just for a second, to peck my lips, then laid in his previous position again.

"I love you too. I feel like we're saying that all the time." I laughed.

"No matter how many times we say it, I'll never be able to tell you how much I love you."

"That was cheesy." I smiled and he lightly smacked my stomach with his hand that was still resting there. I found it with my own and intertwined our fingers. I brought them to my face and kissed the top of his hand.