"He didn't, Javi. Could you hand me my phone?"

She passed my phone to me and after I had it, she sat back with her arms folded as if she was waiting on me. I chuckled and rolled my eyes.

BestieTi👑-Bish r u ok!!! I'm otw as soon as I can get rid of the kids.
12 missed calls from BestieTi👑
Paige🎀-Heard what happened sus. HMU as soon as you're outta there!
Mom-OMG BABY! R U OK? SENDING JAVI THERE NOW!
30 missed calls from Mom
Dad- Praying babygirl. Ik ur ok.

Just then, a new text from Keon popped up.
Keon♥️- Call me when u feel like talking babygirl. Wanna know ur good. Let me know what ya need, ma.

I texted everyone back and finally looked up at my sister to see she was now paying close attention to the tv. I was happy to see my sister but not shocked she was there. My big sister was always there for me in any time of need. To put into simpler words, my sister was a fireball. She was blunt, harsh, and didn't hold back for anything or anybody but if she loved you she loved you. Yes me and my sister had our share of words and fought all the time, but everything she did she did it out of the goodnesss of her heart for the people she loved.

"Annie!"

My sister snapped me out of my thoughts. I rubbed my head since it was aching now.

"Yes, Javi?"

"What's up with you? How are you getting into all of this trouble? And why did I just have to drive four hours because I thought you got fucking shot? And what the fuck Lucas gotta do with this? And why the fuck you ain't let me beat his ass yet? And who the fuck is that nigga that just left? And last but not least why the fuck you haven't told me any of this yet?"

I laughed out loud not because it was funny but because she was dead serious.

I told her everything. All about me and Lucas and what our breakup was really about, Keon, the strange pictures, and me and Lucas' not so sneaky hookup.

"Whew Chile, I need a drink. I don't see how you can stand all of this drama."

"And you know what's crazy, Lucas hasn't even texted me. It's strange that his gang was involved."

"But how do you know that? How can you trust that Keon guy so soon? I mean you knew Lucas for three years and that nigga is having an identity crisis."

"I told you why I trusted Keon. He was there when nobody was, including my so-called family. Mom and Dad moved to London while you took Elli and moved to fuck ass Kansas. I trust him because he was my somebody when I had nobody."

"First of all, bitch, don't come for me. I moved to 'fuck ass Kansas' because Colorado don't have no damn jobs. Kansas is opening up for new opportunities for my career field. Second, you always had me. You could've came and stayed with me. You chose to stay here in this shit and struggle, Annie. Hell you could've went cross the sea with our parents. You chose to stay here and rely on Lucas' ass. Look, I know you've been in accident but don't start talking crazy.", she scolded.

My sister was right but she didn't understand the point I was making. Sure, I could've did all of that but I wasn't a kid anymore. I didn't want to financially depend on anyone, it was more emotional.