Chapter Seven

I stand staring at black Cinna was going to put me in. My head tilts to the side, there has to be more to this dress. It was simple and black. Sleek. But, once again, simple. There is no way this dress is suitable for interviews.

"So what do you think?" Cinna asks, folding his hands together, leaning forwards.

"It's so, simple?" I say, but the end of the sentence turns up. His eyes glimmer. Standing he walks over to it and takes it off the hanger. I tense at his cocky stance. 

"Here, put it on. And stand in that light," He motions to a stage light. I do as he says, pulling the gown over my body. As it slips on, I can see tiny black crystals all over the dress. Stepping into the gold heels Cinna provided me, I stand under the stage light. The dress flickers, as if it was on fire. The flames start from the bottom and make their way up the dress. The neck is cut low, yet not showing anything.  It has long sleeves, covering the scars that decorate my arms from my many treks through the woods. 

"It's beautiful," I breathe in awe.

"Step out of the light." I do as he says and the fire goes away. I whip my head to him in shock, my brain reeling. 

"How?" I ask in pure shock and amazement. 

"Magic," He shrugs, "That way no one will know what hit them till you are on stage." He grins and motions for me to spin. I do and feel giddy.

"How do you even do this?" I ask, my fingers trailing the fabric.

"Do what?" He asks, walking over to adjust it some.

"How do you come up with a dress?" I ask. He tilts his head.

"You find inspiration, and it just happens," He explains. I nod.

"Well, you're very good at it," I smile. He nods.

"Thank you."

"I may actually have a chance now!" I joke, my sarcasm forcing into the conversation. Cinna shakes his head in a laugh. 

"You always have," He leads me over to the makeup vanity and I sit down. The bird trio comes and applies my makeup and does my hair. While one curls my hair into soft ringlets, another paints my lips in a what they refer to as a 'classic red'. The last one lines my eyelids in dark black kohl.  They step back and look at their work. 

"You actually look pretty now!" One of the girls exclaims as the guy hits her on the head. I tilt my head, questioning if I should be grateful at that statement or not. Cinna looks down at my face before I could decide.

"Mysterious. Perfect." He says, a hint of a secret in his voice. "They won't know what hit them." It takes a minute for it to dawn on me. 

"May the Mockingjay sing in the West," I whisper under my breathe, and Cinna winks. 

"So Cato, are there any girls that catch your eyes?" Ceaser asks. Cato gives the camera one of his infamous smirks, his piercing blue eyes gleaming. I see Glimmer in the crowd, a smirk on her face. Her dress, though stunning, made it hard to look at her. I couldn't discredit though, she definetly seemed like Cato's type.

"Well, there is one." He responds. Ceaser scoots to the edge of his seat in anticipation. Glimmer's smile widens, and at the same time I notice Clove at the front of the line, switching from foot to foot. 

If looks could kill, Glimmer would already be dead.

"I bet winning would get her attention." He says, exited. Cato simply shrugs.