IMAGINE: Thranduil Getting Jealous

| IMAGINE for @thorinds |

     You sit at the long dinner table in the Woodland Realm with King Oropher, Prince Thranduil, your father, and your mother. Your father and mother rule over an Elvish land, and King Oropher invited them to Mirkwood to work on a trade deal. Much to your dismay, they dragged you along.

      You quietly eat dinner and feel a pair of eyes on you. You glance up and see King Oropher's son, Thranduil, staring at you unabashedly. He offers you a smile and you flush, before dropping your eyes back to your plate.

     Even though your family has only been here for a couple of days, Thranduil and you have spent a lot of time together. Since your parents and King Oropher discuss business that doesn't concern Thranduil or you, you and the young prince spend time with each other.

     Once dinner is over, Thranduil comes over to you. "Y/N, would you like to take a walk?"

     You look to your parents for permission, but they don't even pay attention to you. You look up at Thranduil. "I'd love that." You smile. You pull your chair out and stand. Thranduil holds his arm out and you take it.
[
     Thranduil and you walk through the Woodland Realm. "I thought I'd better save you from dinner. You looked like you were about to die from boredom." He states.

     "I was." You laugh softly. "Thank you, by the way, for coming to my rescue."

     "Of course." He smiles. "That business talk bores me too. It's very...dull."

     "Yeah, it is. It could put me to sleep."

     "Then let's make a pact that when we're king and queen of our own lands, we shall never discuss business."

     "Unless it's extremely important."

      He thrusts out his hand, his eyes gleaming. "Deal."

     You smile and shake his hand. "Deal." You say softly.

     Thranduil holds your hand, staring at you. "I've-I've never met anyone like you, Y/N." He whispers.

     "You mustn't get out much." You chuckle.

     "Oh, no, I do. I get out as much as any Elf. And I've never met anyone like you." He breathes.

     "Thanks." You blush. "I've never met anyone like you either."

     Thranduil smiles and squeezes your hand. Without letting go, he holds your hand for the rest of the walk.

     When Thranduil walks you to your bedroom, Adros the guard is standing by your door. "Good evening, Adros. You're on guard duty tonight?" You smile.

      He smiles widely back and nods. "Yes, I've been charged with the honor of keeping you safe tonight, my lady."

     You put your hand on his arm. "Then I know I can rest peacefully knowing you're on guard."

     You hear someone making a choking noise, and you glance at Thranduil. He's staring at Adros and you through narrowed eyes.

     "Is something wrong, Thranduil?" You frown.

     "No, of course not." He answers shortly.

     "Come, you better go inside your room." He says, grabbing your arm and opening the door.

      "Oh, actually, I was hoping to talk to Adros a little longer." Thranduil's grip tightens like ice. "Ow, Thranduil, you're hurting me. Please release me." You frown, your eyebrows furrowing. He does so and takes a step back. He doesn't look happy.

     "Goodnight, Y/N." He chokes out, before turning on his heel and stalking off.

     You look at Adros, bewildered. "What was that all about?" You ask. Adros shrugs in confusion.

———

     The next morning, Thranduil is very standoffish. He barely acknowledges you. Instead of spending time with him, you wander around the Woodland Realm. You move out onto the training bay for the guards. There you spot Adros training.

     "Hey." You greet, waving.

     He smiles at you. "What are you doing here?"

     You sit on felled tree. "Everyone abandoned me so I had to find something to do." You laugh.

     "Care to train?"

     "What?" You ask in surprise.

     Adros grimaces. "Oh, sorry, I keep forgetting you're a princess. That wouldn't be proper. You-you just don't act like a princess, at least not to me. I feel like you're one of us."

     You smile. "Thank you, Adros. That means a lot to me." You stand up. "Now, we shall train. Even though I am a princess, all princesses should learn how to wield a sword." You state, hands on your hips. Adros grin and beckons you to the armory. You chose a sword and then walk out onto the training bay with him.

     Right before you start to lift your sword, you glance to your right. Your stomach drops. Thranduil is standing near the entrance of the training area, looking appalled.

     "Thranduil! Come join us!" Adros exclaims. Thranduil glares at him and walks off without a backward glance.

     You sigh and hand Adros your sword. "If you'll excuse me, I need to have a talk with Thranduil." You mumble to Adros, before following Thranduil.

     "Thranduil! Thranduil!" You call, hurrying after him. He ignores you. "My lord!" You shout irritatedly. You grab his arm and pull him to face you.

     "Let go of me, Y/N." He spits, pulling his arm out of your grasp.

      "Have I done something to upset you?" You blurt out angrily. He turns away from you. You grab his arm again. "My lord! Answer me!" You demand.

     He looks at you and sighs. He turns to face you, his face clouded with fury. "It's you. You and Adros." He grits out.

     Your eyebrows furrow. "What about us?"

     "I thought your parents would be upset with you falling in love with a commoner." He sneers.

     "What are you talking about?!" You gasp. Then it quickly hits you. Anger fills you from head to toe. "Adros and me? In love?!" You practically shriek. "What in the world gave you that idea?!"

     Last night...this morning..." He grumbles as if it's obvious.

     "Thranduil, Adros and I are only friends. We're not in love with each other, despite what you may think." You cross your arms. "Is this why you've been so mad at me? You were jealous of Adros?"

     He looks down, ashamed.

     You shake your head. "That is sad, Thranduil. Very sad." You frown.

     "Y/N, I'm sorry." Thranduil apologizes.

     "You're sorry? You were acting horrible to me, Thranduil, because of your false speculation. That's hurtful." You say sadly.

     He grabs your shoulders. "Y/N, please forgive me, I'm so sorry." He says remorsefully. "I just..." He sighs. "I like you, Y/N. I really like you. And seeing Adros and you together made me furious. I didn't expect to like you so much, but now that I do, I feel like I have to be protective over you. I went too far, I know that."

     "I like you too, Thranduil. And while I appreciate you being protective over me, I do have a right to be friends with whomever I chose."

     "I know." He whispers.

     "I forgive you, by the way."

     He looks up at you and smiles with relief. "Thank you." He sighs. He suddenly hugs you. You laugh in surprise and hug him back. You sigh happily and he holds you a little tighter. "I am sorry, Y/N." He says again into your hair.

     "All is forgiven." You murmur, closing your eyes.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!