IMAGINE: Saving Ned's life

You exit the Pie Hole after eating one of the most delicious pies you've ever had. As you walk down the sidewalk, you see a tall, handsome man throwing out the trash in the garbage about fifteen from you. He backs away from the garbage as a bee flies at him. He takes a step back too far.

     "Look out!" You scream at him as he accidentally falls off the sidewalk. He falls into oncoming traffic and you dash towards him. You jump for the man just as a small compact car comes barreling at you. You shove the tall man out of the way as the car hits you.

     Pain paralyzes you.

     The last things you hear are the sounds of tires screeching and of people screaming... and then you fall into complete, utter darkness.

---

     You wake up to the sound of beeping. You groan, thinking it's your alarm clock. You open eyes and then immediately sit upright. This is not your bedroom. You're in a hospital. Everything comes flooding back as does the pain in your arm and foot.

     "Hey, hey, hey, hey." A soft voice says, putting a hand on your shoulder. You gasp and look at the man—the one you saved.

     "You should lay back down, Y/N." He says, gently pushing you back down.

     "How do you know my name?" You inquire.

     "I saw it on your report. Plus the doctor told me." He answers.

     "What's your name?" You ask.

     "Ned." He replies, smiling.

     "How long have I been out for? What's happened to me?" You ask, sighing as pain moves through your arm.

     "The accident was yesterday. You only broke your arm and your foot. You do have some bruising and a few stitches. But otherwise that's it." Ned explains.

     You smile. "Oh, is that all?" You murmur.

     Ned laughs softly. "Hey, you could've been killed." He states. He instantly sombers. Ned holds your hand and stares down at you.

     "Y/N, I just want to say thank you. If it wasn't for you, I probably would be in your spot... or worse." He gulps. "You saved my life and I'm forever grateful. I just want to let you know that, as a partial thank you gift, you can come to my restaurant, the Pie hole, whenever you want and always get free pies." He states.

     "Wait... you own the Pie Hole?" You ask, your eyes widening.

     He nods. "Yes, why?" He asks confusedly.

     You start giggling. "I was eating there right before I was hit by that car!" You exclaim. You grin and squeeze his hand. "Your pies are the best, just so you know." You add.

     Ned laughs softly and a pink hue tints his cheeks. "Really? You think so?" He asks.

     You nod fervently. "Best pie I've ever had. Best last meal I might have had too." You chuckle.

     "Oh gosh, that was the last thing you've eaten." Ned gasps.

     You nod and wince. "Speaking of which, I am starving." You state.

     "I'll can go get you some pie if you want." He offers.

     You slowly grin. "Sure." You say.

---

     You're in the hospital for a week and Ned visits you everyday after his shift at the Pie Hole and stays well until the early morning hours. You've become really good friends and you really like him.

     "Are you ready to go home?" Ned asks one after noon as he helps you to his car. You're finally leaving the hospital.

     "So ready." You sigh happily as he helps you into the passenger seat of his car. He buckles you in and then moves to the driver's seat.

     Once Ned takes you home and gets you settled, you both sit on your couch, talking.

     "Y/N?" Ned asks, looking at you.

     "Yes?" You ask.

     "Can I ask you something?" He says.

     "Yeah, of course." You answer.

     He takes a deep breath. "Would, um, would you like to come to the Pie Hole with me tonight?" He asks.

      Your eyebrows draw slightly. "For what reason?" You question.

     "Well, um." Ned coughs and rubs his neck.

     "For a date...?" He says slowly.

     A smile slowly splits across your face. "Really?" You ask.

     "I mean, we don't have to if you don't-" He starts to say.

     You put a hand on his knee and nod. "Ned, I'd love to." You say.

     Ned's breath leaves him in a rush. "Really?" He says.

      "Yeah." You answer, smiling.

      Ned smiles and gently hugs you, mindful of your arm. "Thank you." He whispers.

     "No, thank you." You say, closing your eyes and resting your head on his shoulder.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!