━━ 𝐃𝐈𝐆 𝐃𝐔𝐆 - 𝐏𝟏 ━━

||𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕||

"It's like... It's like I feel what the shadow monster's feeling. See what he's seeing,"

Will was sitting next to me on the edge of his bed. He looked awful. He was drenched with sweat and he was unnaturally pale. If I looked carefully enough I could see him shaking. It broke my heart to see him like this—to hear what he is going through.

"Like in the Upside Down?" Mike asked.

Mike was pacing around Will's room, his fingers lightly running along the wall of drawings. Will's tunnels. According to Will, that's what he was seeing in what he called his 'now memories'. More specifically, it sounds like what the Shadow Monster is inadvertently showing him.

"Some of him is there," Will said, his eyes never leaving the wall. "But some of him is here, too."

"Like, in the house?" I asked gently, and Will twitched.

Maybe because I hadn't spoken in a while.

He looked at me for a brief moment but refused to meet my eyes.

"In this house and..." he looked away. "in me. It's like... it's like he's reaching into Hawkins more and more. And the more he spreads, the more connected to him I feel."

Mike had taken a seat on the other side of Will.

"The more you see these now-memories." Will nodded at Mike's words, his eyes still fixed on the floor.

"Is there anything else you can tell us? About these now-memories?" I ask gently.

Will begins fidgeting, he squirmed a bit and it almost seemed like he was inching away from me. I brushed it off.

"At first I just felt it in the back of my head. I didn't even know it was really there. It's like when you have a dream and you can't remember it unless you think really hard." His voice was shaking, his hands were too.

"It was like that. But now it's like..." His brows scrunched up, trying to find the right words. "Now I remember. I remember all the time."

Mike and I shared an equally worried look, and Mike spoke up.

"Maybe... Maybe that's good."

"Good?"

I gave Mike a curious look.

"Just think about it," He nodded, looking between the two of us. "You're like a spy now. A superspy. Spying on the Shadow Monster."

I could have sworn I saw Will give me an uncomfortable side look. He was getting squirmy again. I tried to act like I didn't see it, but I couldn't help but pick up on his odd behavior towards me.

"If you know what he's seeing and feeling," Another glance. "Maybe that's how we can stop him."

I smiled slightly at Mike's words. He had a point, and I looked at all the pictures around us. Of the now-memories. I nodded eagerly, looking from Mike to Will. Subconsciously, I must have angled myself to face Will more, I realized.