Noah saw the want in my eyes and withdrew his fingers from between my legs. I mewed at the loss of contact and watched as he stood up. He began to put on clothes and I gasped. “No please Noah. I’m so close.”

He smirked at me and continued to redress. I sat up, the aching between my thighs too much to bear. “I told you sweetheart, that naughty girls get punished. And this is your punishment.” Noah finished dressing and walked to the door. “Don’t even think about relieving that ache you feel.” I gulped as his eyes darkened considerably. “Because I will know and you don’t want to find out what happens when I do.”

I groaned and fell back on the bed. How could he just leave me like this? I know for certain that he wouldn’t like it if I did the same thing to him. Throwing back the covers I made my way to the bathroom to shower and get ready.

Twenty minutes later I was drying off and pulling on my underclothing when the door opened. I rewrapped my towel and turned to yell at whoever had come in without knocking. Upon seeing that it was my mother I relaxed. “Sorry I didn’t knock sweetheart,” she said as she kissed my cheek. “Noah said that you were up here.”

I raised my brow at her and continued getting dressed. I pulled on a pair of jeans and one of Noah’s old sweatshirts. “Is Dad here with you?” I asked yanking my hair up into a ponytail.

“He and some of the Elder clan members are in Noah’s study,” Mom smiled at my worried look. “Don’t be worried Taylor; there is a pact between the clan and your pack, so no one will get hurt.” Mentally I snorted at her because there were still some pack members who didn’t agree with what Noah had done.

“All I worry about is one of the wolves going after a Hunter. There are still members that don’t agree with what Noah is doing.”

“Well then they aren’t worried about the safety of the pack,” Mom said slowly. “I know that we haven’t gotten along in the past, but you, Taylor, are the reason we do now.” I looked her in the mirror and bit my lip. “No matter what anyone says to you, just know that your father and I are so proud of you.”

She placed her hands on my shoulders and stared at our reflection. “You are so special to everyone in the clan and in the pack,” I wasn’t special. All I did was create conflict within the pack and with Ivory Clan. “When your father and I dropped you off all those years ago, it was for selfish reasons. We wanted to eradicate the wolves because we thought, and some still think this, that they were dangerous.”

My shoulders dropped because I knew that I was the one causing issues between my pack members and my family. Adrian and many of the other clan members hated me and people in the pack resented me. They didn’t have to say anything to me; I could tell the way that they felt with how they looked at me.

“But Mom, we’re not dangerous,” I said softly. “We keep to our lands and only hunt when needed.” I had never gone a real hunt in my short time as wolf. The reason was partly because I was still so young and because of the dangers that Ivory Clan presented, but I knew from what Noah and the others had said about their hunting habits.

“We know this now,” she replied with smile. “And your father and I are so happy that you’ve found your mate.” my heart clenched at the thought of Noah and I. “As long as you’re happy, then that is all we care about.”