My Alpha Mate

A/N: So this is my first story posted on here and I'm nervous. All reviews and comments are appreciated!

Enjoy -Sara

************

It was winter time in the heart of Illinois. The pack was twenty minutes from downtown Chicago with each family living in a house that could house fifty people. That was the Alpha's doing. But the Pack House was definitely the biggest out of all holding at least three hundred wolves plus me. The snow crunched under my shoes and I drew my coat in closer trying to keep some of my body heat in.

Throwing a glance over my shoulder with my breath coming out in heavy pants, my legs burning as I pushed myself faster and harder through the dark, dank forest. I could hear the heavy beating of my heart, see my breath as it came out of my mouth and hit the cold air. None of that mattered to me though. All I needed to do was keep pushing myself with the small chance that I could get myself out of here. But that chance was very small because I knew that they could keep up with me.

You may be wondering who they are. Well, they are members of the Dark Ocean Pack, ordered by their Alpha to bring me back to him. I had thought that I was in the clear because it took them about two hours to realize that I had left the property, sadly fate wasn't on my side. I was about ten miles from the pack house when I heard the Alpha's howl and that was when I booked it. There was no way that I could escape from some of the most feared werewolf warriors in the entire United States, but I gave myself hope that I could.

My name is Taylor Thomas and I am nineteen years old. I have mid length brunette hair with a little bit of red and piercing green eyes. I grew up with a loving family and people would think that I've lived a pretty normal life as a nineteen year old, but I'm here to say that I haven't.

When I was four, my parents took me to Alpha Davies' house and that was the last that I saw of them. I was given a room down the hall from the Alpha and his mate and across from their son Noah. I was always uncomfortable around werewolves because I wasn't one myself. Even though I grew up in the pack, I was always the odd duck out. Over the years I quit worrying about my parents and focused on my own life. They didn't want me and that was quite okay with me. Alpha Davies and his pack were good to me and treated me like one of their own. To them, I was family even though I couldn't shift, except for one person: Noah. He thought I was the scum of the earth because I wasn't like them and tried numerous times to keep me locked up. Needless to say, Alpha Davies sided with me most of the time and Noah was grounded.

While the Davies' family was American, Noah had spent most of his life overseas in the UK for schooling. I remember when he left when he was five and I had just turned four and then coming back fourteen years later at nineteen. During his school years he had picked up an English accent and it drove most of the she wolves crazy. When he spoke they all stopped and stared as if he was some kind of god. I, on the other hand, rolled my eyes and went on my way; not wanting him to know that I had feelings for him. That would only increase his hate for me and blow his ego through the roof. 

After Noah returned home permanently that was when everything changed. His father stepped down as Alpha and Noah took over. He began instating new pack laws and regulations for everyone. One of the new laws was that no one was allowed to associate themselves with me which caused a lot of the friends that I had made to disappear. There were only two people to stick by my side through the tranistion of Alpha power and they were Conner, who was Noah's Beta, and his mate Gina. 

Six months after Noah returned, a party was held to celebrate the pack's new Alpha and to give Noah the chance to find his mate. He had just turned twenty and at the prime age to find his mate and produce the next heir. I hadn't been allowed to go to the party and was sent up to my room to pack my stuff. At the time I hadn't been sure why I was packing, but about two hours before the party started the door to my room opened. Conner walked in along with Brent, the third in command, and two other pack members.