03 closing

c l o s i n g 
18:23
01/04/19

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

flashback 3 / spring of 2010

"Hey, Kookie?" Taehyung asked Jungkook.

"Hm?" Jungkook replied.

"What am I to you?"

"Tae, we're in the middle of watching The Muppets, and that's what you want to talk about?" Jungkook laughed.

"No, really, I'm asking."

The two were snuggling up together, sharing a gigantic Spongebob blanket. Taehyung the big spoon as always, Jungkook's small body in his arms. Taehyung looked down at him. Jungkook turned down the volume and looked up at him.

"You?"

Taehyung nodded.

"Why,"

"You're the love of my life."

present / summer of 2016

Jungkook had been staring at the clock for hours since he'd been given that note. It was nearly seven, there were few people in the café. Usually from six to seven was the in-between time where most of the people in the café died down. There were only a couple of people left, most quietly talking, others on laptops or reading.

He sighed, looking at the door. Maybe it was just a lie, Jungkook thought to himself. Ruffling his hair with his hands, he went around to the counter and started to clean up the countertop.

Then a ring could be heard. The door opened, a tall male walking through. Jungkook looked up. It was him, alright.

He could already feel the shivers down his spine, the man looking right into his eyes. Nevertheless, he smiled brightly at him. Jungkook thought it was best to try and keep his cool, though he knew he'd lose it sometime in the middle.

Immediately, Jungkook started making a simple hot chocolate for Taehyung. He wanted to make it comfortable for him. It'd been awhile. Hot chocolate was exactly the warm welcome Jungkook wanted to give him.

Taehyung sat himself nearby Jungkook on a stool.

Jungkook continued to work, making sure to have the right amount of cream and cacao. He topped the hot drink with tiny marshmallows, adding just a hint of sprinkles.

He calmed himself down so that his hand wasn't shaking when he brought him his drink. Jungkook walked over slowly to him, holding his chocolate drink in a beige mug.

"Been awhile, hasn't it, Kook?" Taehyung smiled.

"Five, whole, years. Jesus." Jungkook emphasized, feeling enough happiness to pull the older man into a tight hug. Even now, he smelled like home. Jungkook's heart only melted more. This was a recipe for disaster.

"Is this," Taehyung started.

"Not coffee. I know you don't like coffee. It's hot chocolate. I made it with warm water so you could drink it right away." Jungkook told him.