01 before

b e f o r e
21:19
01/03/19

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

flashback 1 / winter of 2011

"It isn't the fact that you would or could or should do it, it's the fact that you can't do it." He said, frustration shown clear in his voice.

"You easily run away, and whenever you do, I can never reach you. It's like you disappear into thin air, and I can't find you. You don't leave a note, a text, a call, nothing. It's hard, it's challenging to be with you, Taehyung. What do you want from this relationship? Me? Is that what you truly want? Or is it someone, something, else? Please, just say something." Jungkook begged.

Taehyung only let out a sharp breath, replying with nothing.

"Am I not enough? I-Is that w-what it is? Am I not h-hot enough, smart e-enough, sexy enough, b-beautiful, enough? Is my income too low to meet your s-standards?" Jungkook was stammering. His original plan was to be angry, be firm, but he was weakening.

"Do you have someone else? S-Someone better
th-than me? What am I, to you? Just another piece in your puzzle?" Jungkook's tears were forming, sliding down his cheeks.

"Jungkook." Taehyung finally spoke.

"Yes?" Jungkook asked.

"I, I can't do it. I can't do this. I can't be in a relationship, you're right. I'm someone who can't commit, just get by off of sex. You're too good for someone like me, Kook." Taehyung said to him.

"So," Jungkook's tears were falling rapidly. "W-What are you s-saying?" He asked as if he didn't already know the answer.

"You're enough. You're everything anyone could ever want, beautiful, smart, sexy and witty, you're, you're perfect, Kookie. But me, I'm not. I'm the one dragging this relationship down. You deserve more than just some shitty fuckboy like me. I-I think we should break up. Let's end it. For the better." Taehyung's eyes were red, a single tear rolling down his cheek. This hurt him too. Jungkook could tell he didn't want to do this, but he knew he had to.

"Taehyung. T-Taehyung." Jungkook's teary voice called out his name.

"Kookie, p-please don't do that, you're making my heart hurt more than it should." Taehyung put his head in his hands.

Jungkook was sobbing, his hands shaking. He walked over to Taehyung, who was sat down on the bench, back hunched. His hands reached out to Taehyung's warm face, making him look up to him slowly.

Taehyung's eyes darted away, more tears falling. His hand reached up to his face, cupping Jungkook's. "Fuck. Fuck, I'm so stupid. So fucking stupid."

"Taehyung, please, will you look at me?" Jungkook asked.

Taehyung hesitated, turning his head slowly.

Jungkook smiled a sad smile as his eyes met with his lover's. "Hey, h-hey. This isn't our last goodbye, okay? You, y-you know I love you right? I-I l-love you, so, so much."

"Fucking hell, Kookie." Taehyung's heart hurt more than he had ever felt in his entire life. His whole life, in front of him, but he couldn't pull him along any longer.