Different Normal

Taine liked calm. To him, it was pure bliss. But don't get that confused with silence, he didn't like that at all. A constant reminder that something might be there, what usually was there in the past, but he couldn't physically sense it. It was all in the abilities of his uncontrolled mind, a constant reminder he was not like anyone else, far from a normal different person in fact. Using the term of normal different meant that most humans are either an introvert or an extrovert on different levels. Everyone has a level for themselves. Taine didn't think he classified as someone who could be the norm of different to qualify to be soon any scale.

Just a suffering battered human, afraid of his own shadow, afraid to live.

Calmness to him was a gentle sound close by where he knew where it was coming from. Where he could close his eyes and feel safe, even if he wasn't.

A poor distraction which he wanted to believe was a good one.

Taine didn't like moving away from his 'comfort' areas if that's what he could even call them. So sacrificing himself from moving to a different comfort place via a disturbing place made him a tad jittery but was worth it in the end.

There was a nice quiet high street about two minutes away from the college, so today as soon as he got up at 9 am, he drove down there as carefully as possible, watching every car that seemed to come an inch too close or were speeding. Speeding as in going acceptably 5mph over the speed limit. So In return, Taine travelled 5-10mph under the speed limit.

It was refreshing really. The right person may even call that charming or cute.

He was specifically going to a library of sorts. Well even though he couldn't read, and being surrounded by everything that proved one of his greatest insecurities, he enjoyed it there.

He was currently sat waiting on one of the wore down leather couches, his nostrils being consumed by the smell of cookies because the owner was obsessed with them and left them on the side for the reading enthusiasts to take when they please. He never did though. He didn't feel like it was his place too. Even though he really wanted one. Like really did want one.

There were shelves and shelves of tormenting books aligned tightly together, no way near enough room for him to walk straight through. If he did want to without a purpose, he would have to sidestep and look like a crab.

But the reason that his veins were pumping with anticipation, a small reason with a big impact really, was because he was waiting for this normal different person within a few minutes to occupy the seat of the piano in the corner on the library. Every day anyone could reserve the piano, to do whatever they liked with. If the person was not a decent one, as in they would mess around with the keys and mistreat the calm environment, they were sent out. The reservation-only lasted from 9 am to 10 am.

Usually, people would either just play any song they knew, and let everyone listen to the bliss in the shape of treble clefs.

Taine liked calm.

The door opened, whining a little, and a small body walked through the door and made their way to the corner, and sat on the seat for the piano. Taine thought he may look a bit weird or pervert like if he stared a the girl with the dirty blonde hair playing the piano.

So Taine sat in the corner of the sofa, curling into himself, but making sure that there were no barriers between the idyllic melody resonating of the old walls of his favourite place.

The unthought-of predicament was uncanny and abnormal. A man's favourite place in the world, a calming abyss, was the place where (if he fully comprehended it) his most fragile insecurities were brought back to life to thrive.