Elizabeth's lips quivered at the thought of leaving her new friend. 

"But but I can't leave you behind."

[a/n: Yo toddlers are cute when they're not crying lol]

"Stay strong princess, your knight will find you again," Jol says, placing her hand on Elizabeth's shoulders and gave her a reassuring smile.

"Elizabeth! Jol!"

Jol gave Elizabeth a final hug before pushing her off and flying away. Elizabeth quickly scanned for a place to hide with a bright blush staining her cheeks. Not too far from her, was a tall glass case holding knight metal armor. She quickly hides behind the armor and watches as Meliodas runs past her still calling her name. Elizabeth came out from behind the armor with her hands on her chest. Pwease be safe Jol...

I'll be with you soon Elizabeth! I promise! Jol thought running into the kitchen. She looked around seeing everything tucked away with no cooks in sight. On further inspection (by sniffing around) Jol finds some cold cookies laying in the same spot the cooks left it. She beams, grabbing one, and taking a bite. She hums at the taste before tensing up at the sound of footsteps approaching her. 

Meliodas calls out her name, "Jol!"

Jol quickly grabs the rest of the cookies and flies up to the ceiling. Meliodas walks into the kitchen and looks around guardedly. Jol watches his every move, taking another bite of her cookie. She tried not to make a sound but being the messy eater she was, a crumb fell on the floor. Meliodas, with his excellent hearing, turns around swiftly glaring at the crumb. Jol stops chewing and drops the cookie in her hand. When the cookie hit the ground, Meliodas' eyes darts to the ceiling. They look into each other's eyes for what seemed to be forever before Jol rushes out the room. Meliodas murmurs. Great I found Jol, but no Elizabeth.

Jol stuffs the rest of the cookies in her mouth, keeping eye-contact with Meliodas while doing so. She sticks out her tongue to mock him, annoying Meliodas. 'If I want to catch up to her, I can't hold back!' he thought as he picked his pace. Jol notices this yet she still taunts him, "You're too slow! You'll never catch me!"

"Try me!" At this point, all he had to do was jump and he could've grabbed the brown girl. Jol sulks as knowing she the fun would all be over. She looks around for anything that could aid her in escaping. Meliodas kept running only to past another curtain and Jol vanishing once again! Where she go now?

"PFFTT!" Jol cackled, flying right past him. Meliodas grins before chasing after her. This went on for a good few minutes before a thought climbed back into Jol's mind. Elizabeth.

"I need to find her." Jol tried hard to sense her presence and felt a source coming from a small closet not too far from her. Jol glances back at Meliodas who was still chasing after her. She smirks evilly but with her child-like features, she looked absolutely adorable. She claps her hands with a hole appearing beneath her feet. Meliodas' eyes widened at the sight and starts to run faster. "Jol don't you dare-" Before he could even finish, Jol falls down the hole, her laughter echoing through the halls as she slid down the tunnel. The hole closes up and Meliodas drops to the ground in exhaustion and frustration. "Ugh..."

Meanwhile, Elizabeth was still hiding just as Jol instructed her to do. After hiding behind the armor case, Elizabeth moved to a small closet on another hallway. She was in a kneeling position away from the door fearing she would get caught. Not many knew this but Elizabeth was scared of the dark. To get over this, she would always sleep with a candle burning or at least stay with one of her sisters to calm down. Being in this situation was hard on her but she stuck it out because she knew Jol would be back for her just as Jol promised. She would never break a promise, right..?  Elizabeth thought to herself, bringing her head in her lap feeling tears pricking at her eyes. "My knight...pwease save me...."

Just then, a rabbit-like hole emerged in front of Elizabeth making her shriek. Jol hops out of the hole giggling, her hair a mess with her crooked like smile she always wore.

Elizabeth beams with little tears coursing down her cheeks. "Jol!" she hugs her tight, "You came back for me!"

"I promised, Princess that I'd always be back for you. I'll always protect you, Princess, I swear as a Holy Knight!"

Elizabeth blushes at her words, snuggling into arms. Jol hugs her tighter with small flowers sprouting up from the small cracks of the stone floor and even in her hair. Those precious kids sat there in the dark in each other's arms, surprisingly it was the deepest moment in the friendship. After a few minutes of walking, Meliodas was getting really tired. It was the middle of the night and he would not sleep until he knew the girls were safe and sound. He had looked behind every curtain, every door, every crack for those girls and nothing. A groan left his lips. Where are they? As his last resort, he opened a small closet door, and what he saw was truly too adorable. He saw Jol and Elizabeth cuddled up together in a blanket of flowers. Jol was snoring silently while Elizabeth was smiling into her warmth sound asleep. Meliodas sighed with a small smile. "Let's get you to bed."

[NOTES]

thank you for participating in the poll, i hope you all enjoy future chapters.