-two

At 5:59, there was a knock on my door. I took a breath before opening it.

"Wow.." was the first thing Austin said.

"What?" I freaked out.

"Nothing. I mean, I've only seen you in shorts and now you're.." he raised his eyebrows.

"I'm what?" I grinned.

I had on a short(ish) red dress with black heels. I'd also went all out on the makeup, with cover up, mascara, and eyeliner. I'd left my hair natural, which basically if you were to curl naturally straight hair, and let them loose, that's how it was. It's a blessing, and also a curse.

"Damn, Cady. Where are you going?" my brother Caleb said, coming into the living room.

"A date." I said, letting Austin in.

"Let me just grab my phone and when Koda comes down tell him to stay down." I said, running as fast as I could up to my room.

"Koda you better stay down." I said, letting the beast out.

I met Austin's gaze as I came back into the living room. He grinned, and I blushed.

"Ready?" he asked, opening the door for me.

I nodded and we left. As we were making our way to his car, I said; "Where are we going that's so fancy?"

"Oh, you'll see." he smirked, opening the passenger side door.

"It's a secret?" I asked.

"Have you ever been to dinner outside of San Antonio?" he asked me.

"Besides McDonalds, no." I replied.

"We're going to Olive Garden. Which isn't really all that fancy, but it's always nice seeing a beautiful girl in a dress." he smirked.

"It's always nice seeing an attractive guy in a suit too."

We drove for awhile, talking and laughing about nothing.

"Up next we have Austin Mah-" Austin turned off the radio.

"Why'd you do that?" I asked, looking at him.

"It was getting annoying."

"Oh."

"So, your brother seems.. nice." Austin said.

"He's 16, he thinks he owns the whole street. He gets in trouble at school because he's a badass he's a good kid though. Do you have any siblings?"

"Nope. Just me and mom."

"You can have partial permission to own Caleb." I grinned.

"Oh, really?"

"Yes. He saw your pool and the basketball hoop and he was all for going over to play."

"Oh, yeah, I play a little." he laughed softly.

We pulled into the parking lot and we got out, walking next to each other inside.

--------------------

"I had a good time tonight." I said, looking up at Austin.

Despite being warm outside, I was cold, so he'd given me his jacket.

"Me too." he said, leaning against the door.

I looked up at him. He was hot, I had to admit it. He was taller than me, by quite a lot. Normally I'm only five foot five, and he was at least five inches taller.

"It's almost 11." he said, biting his lip.

"You need to stop doing that." I said, blushing.

"Stop doing what?" he smirked.

"You know what, don't even try it." I punched his chest.

He pulled me into a hug, and then suddenly it was raining.

He burst into laughter. "Goodnight, Cady."

"Goodnight Austin." I opened my door and watched as he ran halfway before I remembered I still had his jacket.

"Austin!" I called, running in my bare feet to him.

"Are you gonna tell me you love me?" he laughed.

"No silly, you forgot your jacket." I handed it to him and he grabbed my arm.

"Wait.." he said softly. "I forgot."

"Forgot what?" I asked.

He was staring into my eyes and his hands slowly reached for my waist. My arms gripped his shirt, which was sticking to him now.

He glanced down at my lips, and then back up at my eyes, and then licked his lips. I bit my lip because I knew what was coming next, and I smiled.

He kissed me, and I hesitated before kissing him back. His hands were on my face now, and I couldn't help but smile. My heart was racing and my stomach was fluttering.

"Well, a rain kiss wasn't such a bad idea for our first kiss." he whispered, biting his lip.

"I've always wanted to kiss in the rain." I said, kissing his cheek again before he let me go.

"Goodnight, Cady."

"Goodnight, Austin." I bit my lip.