everyтнιngoeѕ

everything comes.

everything goes.

everything leaves.

nothing stays.

―°❆chapter twenty-seven༺°―

"No!" Jisung screamed, his voice cracking in the process.

Jeno watched as Chenle fell to the ground in pain. "Chenle!"

Jeno saw them. They were at least ten. Too many, way too many to fight, but he still had the guts to do that. Pulling out his gun he pointed it at the one who shot Chenle. All sound around him faded and time slowed down. His eyes twitched and aimed at the head of the man, his finger pressing the trigger halfway down.

Everything was silent and then he exhaled, letting his hot breath spread around his face.

Click.

He pulled the trigger, imagining the person was one of his practice targets.

The world around him started to speed up into its normal pace and cries coming from Jisung entered his ears, making him turn his head towards his group again.

"Guys! Run!" Mark yelled.

Jeno killed someone. He fucking killed someone.

"Jeno! Run!"

Mark struggled to carry Chenle, so Jeno stepped in. "Mark, I'll take him!" Jeno said and picked Chenle up with ease, carrying him bridal style. He ran as fast as he could, following Renjun, Jaemin, and Donghyuck who were running ahead of him.

"Jisung! Mark! You guys have my back!" The raven-haired ordered to the others.

They ran into the forest again and Jeno felt something tuck the hem of his shirt. It was Chenle, the boy who was laying weak in his arms. It was bad, it was really bad. The bullet had pierced right through his abdomen.

"J-Jeno... the mountain's... go t-there." The younger shivered. "Raiders... won't f-follow us there."

Jeno could see how hard it was for Chenle to speak. It hurt him so much to just looking at the boy. He nodded and gave Chenle a comforting smile, letting him know that everything was going to be alright.

"Renjun! We need to travel up in the mountains!" Jeno yelled to the three who were running in front of them.

Renjun looked behind him at Jeno with a confused look but turned around and ran towards the mountains once he saw the seriousness in Jeno's eyes.

¸ .° :. . • ° . * :.

They found shelter. An old hunting cabinet far up in the mountains woods.

"Lay him down on the table!" Renjun hurried as Jeno entered with the bleeding Chenle in his arms, Mark and Jisung following suit.

Jeno ran over and placed Chenle gently on the old wooden table that stood in the middle of the cabinet. Mark had folded one of their blankets into a ball and placed it under Chenle's head.