Breaking These Walls~Chapter Twenty One

*Sapphire's POV*

They were here. Glen and Daryl were here. Carl had the same look of relief and absolute fear on his face that I could feel on my own.

I felt John's knife pressed to my neck. As Daryl started walking closer, he put more pressure on it. Enough pressure to break a layer of skin. Blood ran down my throat in tiny rivulets.

Daryl stopped in his tracks. He never let go of his crossbow though. "Please. Let her go. Let the kid go."

John and his buddy laughed. "We can't let them go. Well, maybe the kid, but you would have to stay in his place. What good would it do if you sent the kid out there to be slaughtered? Either way, he won't be alive long."

The hate I had for these people just kept growing. They were nuts. They were beyond insane.

"Why can't you just let them both go? We will both stay."

I waited for Glen to object. He just kept staring at them with his jaw set.

They laughed again. "You don't get it do you? You wouldn't. We know your group has more than one woman in it. We have none. So, its been a while. She's gonna live the longest out of all of you just because of that reason. She's mighty pretty isn't she?"

When he said this he used one of his hands to trace my jawline. I whimpered. I never wanted Daryl to see me like this. Or Carl. What was going through that poor kid's mind?

"You bastard."

Everyone went quite when Daryl said this. Everyone just stood there. John finally broke the silence after what seemed like an eternity.

"What did you call me, boy?"

You could feel the acid in Daryl's voice. "I said, 'You hillbilly, inbred, cannibal bastard."

The knife John was holding slid across my throat, making the blood run faster. He threw the knife to the floor, and grabbed my waist before he threw me across the room.

My head connected with the log wall. I heard it crack, and fellt blood soaking my hair and face. The last thing I saw before everything went black was the whole room exploding into action.

*Daryl's POV*

"SAPPHIRE!!!!"

She flew through the air until her body connected with the wall. A sickening crack split the air. She slid down the wall, clearly unconcious. Possibly even dead.

Before I knew what I was doing, I had my crossbow raised and pointed at the bastard's head. I sent the arrow flying.

Just like always, it landed straight in between his eyes. They went blank just before his body hit the dusty floor of the cabin.

The man that held Carl started to slice his throat, but Carl stomped on his foot. The man screamed and let go of the boy I considered my godson. Glen sprang into action with a knife I didn't even know he had.

He slashed it across the man's thoat. He gurgled, trying his best to stop the blood flow with his hands. I had to tell him something before he died.

I knelt down by him, before I whispered in his ear, "I'm not done with you or your buddy. I'll see you in hell."

*Maggie's POV*

We continued watching for a few minutes. There were gaurds at the fence. Some people were sitting around the fire, chatting and relaxing.

I didn't see Glen or Daryl anywhere. They were here though. They had to be.

"Anybody got any suggestions?," Tyreese whispered.

"Not much of one.," Carol answered," But maybe we could talk to them. They didn't see any of us earlier, did they? Maybe they don't know we're part of the group."

"Maybe you're right. Its all we've got. If anything bad happens, we could always run. We've been trained with weapons as well. We need to do something.", I said.

I couldn't lose Glen. Not right now. Not ever. Not again.

So, I stood up. Everyone else followed my lead.

"Maybe we should pretend we're hurt or sick. That might make them trust us more." Beth said that. I smiled with pride at my little sister. She was so smart.

"Good idea. Come here."

She draped her arm over my neck. She twisted her face into grimace that could only mean someone was in great pain. She limped beside me and let out groans every now and then. Who knew theatre could save your life during the apocalypse?

Once we were at the gates, they opened them. Their guns were raised at us. They clearly meant business.

One of them pointed their buddies to one of the cabins. They nodded and walked away. A few seconds later, they were back with the man I guessed must be their leader.

He smiled at us. His teeth were oddly sharp, almost as if they were filed that way. They probably were.

"Hello, hello. This has been a very busy night for us. You look like you could use some help with that one." He indicated Beth with a small nod of his head in her direction.

"We could.", I said. "She's been sick for a while. We only need to stay for maybe a nigh-"

A cabin door opened, interrupting what I had been about to say. There, on the porch was Daryl, Glen, Carl, and Sapphire.

Daryl looked seriously pissed off. Carl looked ready to kill somebody. His blue eyes were bearly black with rage. Glen was carrying Sapphire. She was onconcious. There was blood dripping from her head down onto the porch.

I hoped and prayed she wasn't dead. Daryl had already lost so much. Even though he wouldn't admit it, I knew he loved her.

Daryl shot an arrow into the throat of the closest man to him. This signaled the beginning of a war in the small camp.

Carl ran to another man that had stood up after Daryl shot the other one. He stabbed him in the stomach, dragging the knife down to gut the man. Guts spilled in a steaming pile on the ground as the man slid to his knees.

They charged into their camp to finish the battle. We weren't far behind them.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Another cliffhanger guys sorry :3 Thank you again for all the reads and votes.

I love you guys. There are not enough words to express my thanks.

<3

~Breanna