Breaking These Walls~Chapter Thirty Eight

*Sapphire's POV*

It still felt weird to be on my feet. Daryl and I were walking through the woods. He had decided it was time for me to start my hunting-slash-crossbow training.

Too bad I kept getting distracted. I couldn't take my eyes off of him. You could tell he was made for this job.

His muscles shifted under his shirt. I felt my teeth dig into my lip. I really shouldn't be thinking about this right now.

Daryl stopped short and raised his arm. I stopped with one of my feet raised. Right in front of us, there was a doe.

She was tall. Her eyes were intelligent. I could tell she was on gaurd even when her head was down and her nose was buried in the clover. She was protecting something.

Daryl raised his bow, ready to fire the arrow. I put my hand on his arm.

"Make sure you aim for the left shoulder, or an eye."

"Daryl."

He turned to look at me, but kept his bow raised.

"You can't shoot her. She's got a baby."

*Daryl's POV*

Sapphire's voice was sad.

"How do you know that? She looks alone enough to me." My bow stayed aimed at the doe.

"I can tell. It's all in the way she holds herself."

I rolled my eyes. "She's just standing there, Saph. We need food."

Anger sparked in her eyes for a split second. "So does that baby."

When I turned back to the doe, there was a tiny fawn poking his head out of the bushes. His mother had her head turned toward him.

The fawn stepped forward and put his nose to hers. My bow dropped down by my side again. Together, me and Saph watched what they did.

She was nuzzling him towards the clover, almost like she was telling him to try it. The baby just kept bleating and trying to get near her stomach.

Eventually, the mother gave in. Her fawn started nursing. Sapphire had tears in her eyes.

*Maggie's POV*

Glen and I were in the cabin where I had almost shot him. Funny how Carol was the one that stopped me.

Glen was asleep with his head on my chest and his hand on my stomach. If I was right, we were about two months into this pregnancy.

I couldn't wait to meet my son or daughter. By the time they were born, Judith would be about two or three.

Nobody kept up with the days anymore. How could we, when our main focus was providing the food and safety we needed to make it in this world?

*Sapphire's POV*

I started crying. A smile cracked across my face. I missed the feeling of being a mother. To have someone need me the way my sons did.

I missed reading them bedtime stories. I missed playing games with them. I missed everything they ever did.

Finally the two deer wandered away. Daryl walked over to the little patch of sunlight and looked up at the sky.

He was so handsome.

I followed him and wrapped my arms around his back. I kissed the back of his neck and slid the crossbow off of his shoulder.

He turned to face me and kissed me hard. I felt his fingers lift the edge of my shirt, brushing the bare skin just above my jeans.

My hands slid up from his hands to his shoulders, his muscles moving underneath them. He pulled my shirt up over my head.

I looked up at him. There was a smile on his face. "You're so beautiful."

I took his shirt off. I could see some of the scars his father left on him. My mouth settled into a hard line when I touched one of them.

"I'm glad he can't hurt you anymore."

We stood there quiet for a long time. Then he put his hands on my shoulders and backed me up against a tree.

The bark was warm under my bare back. I bit my lip. Were we really doing this? In the middle of a walker infested forest?

When his body crushed me up against the tree, I didn't care anymore. All that was here was us. We were the only two in the world, nothing between us but the clothes on our backs.

*Daryl's POV*

I wished I could breathe her in, swallow her whole. I loved her. I loved her so much.

She was kissing me, her hands under my shirt, pulling it off. She threw it into the grass behind me, right next to my crossbow.

She pulled me closer to her, until my chest was against hers. This tree probably wasn't all that comfortable for her.

Not that that was stopping her. She kissed me harder, tracing my lip with her tongue.

Her legs wrapped around my waist. She was scratching my back, tearing the skin with her nails.

We fell backwards into the sunlight. Her knees were on either side of me, her hand pressed to my chest. Her eyes were darker than they normally were.

"I love you, Daryl Dixon."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short update guys. Thank you for everything. I love yall so much. XD

I hope you had a merry Christmas. And God bless every single one of you. <3

~Breanna