Breaking These Walls~Chapter Forty Seven

*Sapphire's POV*

I saw everything. I was standing behind Daryl when my rotting, chewed up corpse went to grab him.

Of course I had nothing to worry about. Daryl was a hunter, as well as a tracker. His ears were trained to pick up the slightest change in the noise around him, and his eyes were trained to do the same. Maybe that's why so many people owed their lives to him.

He snatched the knife out of his belt. Within seconds the blade of that knife had ended the mindless, blood thirsty creature that used to be me. His face was the same as it always was when he killed a walker. Until it hit him as to who it was.

The pain on his face made my chest ache. There was so much sorrow on his face. This was the look someone got when they didn't show emotion enough. They hold it in, then they let go, and it's like a flood. Like a dam busted and a whole entire community drowned because of it.

He stabbed repeatedly. I could sense his anger, could feel his pain. It was all I could do not to fall to my knees and start screaming with him. This was my fault. All my fault.

When he was done, he took off to the woods. I ran after him. Knowing Daryl, he was about to do something that could possibly get him killed. Which wasn't good. Even Daryl Dixon has to die at some point.

He snatched his crossbow off of his back just as he hit the edge of the forest. I could see tears rolling down his face as I glided after him. I wish I could hold him back. Maybe put my hand on his shoulder. Anything to calm him down.

I don't know how long we were running before we came across another clearing, much like the one we....Well you know.

There stood a doe. She was the same one, the one with the fawn. Don't ask how I knew because I would not be able to tell you.

She could see me. That much I knew. Animals had more of a sense for this kind of thing. She was staring at me.

Daryl's anger only seemed to grow. "What are you looking at, you damn animal?!"

She just kept standing there staring. I returned her gaze until I saw Daryl move.

"DARYL,NO!", I screamed. But it was too late. The arrow flew from its mount and into the doe's eye.

"Look at that. That's what you should have been watching."

Just as he finished speaking, the small fawn ran out, jumping happily with his small white tail up. I swear you could just feel the life, the happiness, the strength pouring out of this little one's body. It's like he was smiling. Just very happy.

He walked up to his mother, trying to get her to play. He buried his tiny black nose in her stomach, trying to nurse.

Daryl killed him too.

*Rick's POV*

Everyone seemed to be getting along with the kids, but some of the group were still wary. After all, who wouldn't be? In this world, all of the adults had done something terrible. Even when dealing with other adults, or having supportive adults by their side. Can you imagine what a bunch of children had had to do to survive together?

Perhaps that was what Sean was hiding. I had trouble accepting the things I had done. Imagine what that was like for a child. Well...A young man, anyway.

It was unreal the amount of babies this group had. Guess their parents didn't have the chance to have "the talk" with them.

Maybe that's why I should be grateful of how long I've had my children by my side. Carl knew the risks involved. Granted, the only girl around then had been Beth. Now, there were more girls his age.

"Sean!', I yelled.

The boy raised his head before standing up and walking over to me. "Let's sit down and talk. I really wanna know some things about you."

Together we sat down on the stairs of a cabin. "So...Where are you from?"

He frowned. "Born in West Virginia. My parents and I had been traveling when the world crashed. We wound up here in Georgia, almost in Atlanta. We were on the highway when we saw the planes and helicopters drop bombs on the city. People were screaming, crying...In the chaos, my parents, my brothers, and myself got separated."

"I can imagine that was difficult. I had been shot just a few weeks before everything fell. When I woke up, everyone was gone. The hospital had dead, half eaten people laying in the hallways. I felt like I had woken up right in the middle of one of the wrong turn movies."

Sean nodded. "I'm surprised you're still alive. I would have died if I woke up to something like that. Hell, anybody would. I'm guessing somebody taught you?"

"Yes, someone did. He saved my life, him and his son. Unfortunately he lost his wife to the virus, and later, his wife bit his son. He never had the courage to shoot her. Honestly, I wouldn't have been able to either."

Sean looked at the ground. He started picking at his fingers. "It would not be an easy thing to do."

We sat there for a while in silence. Until I heard screaming from the front of the camp.

I stood up and snatched my pistol out of my belt before running to the gate. The screaming had come from the groups of kids. Some of the girls had their hands over their mouths, some of the guys had their weapons drawn, ready to attack.

Then I saw why.

Daryl was coming out of the woods. He had something small and brown in one of his hands, carrying it upside down by four legs. His other hand was occupied by the back legs of a bigger creature. His face and body were covered in blood. His crossbow was slung over his back. His eyes were such a dark blue they were nearly black. He looked beyond pissed.

He made it to the gate just as Maggie and Carl got the gate open. He walked through and dropped the back legs of one animal. "Skin that, and send the skin to me. Use the meat for food."

Everyone stared as he walked on into the camp. Most likely because of the creature he held by four legs. It was a baby deer. Not a very old one either. It's tiny head was bumping against his leg as he walked.

Something in Daryl had snapped.

*Daryl's POV*

I didn't care that everyone was staring at me. I did not give a damn. Let them stare. I was done with them. Done trying to please them. I would leave if I had to.

I sat down on the bed in my cabin. Mine, no longer ours. I had nobody to share this bed with now. All because she had to be a stupid, insane bitch.

I threw the dead fawn down on the floor and started hacking the fur off of it.

Before long the full skin of the baby deer was in my hand. I took the fur and laid it down to dry. Then, I took the meat outside and out it with the mother deer.

I wish I could have went with Saph the way this little guy went with his mother. I would give anything for that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's the next chapter guys. :) Sorry I haven't written in a while. I've been super busy with schoolwork,and I, trying to keep my other stories updated as well. Thank you so much for everything guys. I love you. 💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕 <3

~Breanna