"Thank you for the past three months. You took care of me."

I looked into her eyes and leaned forward and kissed her right in the middle of her forehead.

"You welcome, ma."

~

"So you're telling me that Lucas just popped his ass up over your house. I can't get over that.", Ti said while shaking her head.

"Mhmm. Just acted like nothing was wrong. Like everything was normal or something."

Paige and Tiana both shook their heads. We all were out to eat at Benihana, me and Tiana's favorite and I decided to introduce Paige to Tiana.

"Honestly, I think you should drop Lucas and focus on Keon. We are too grown to be playing into this 'ride or die' mindset. I mean honestly, we aren't in high school  anymore. Hood niggas are not the move anymore. ", Paige preached while Ti nodded her head in agreement.

With the way Keon's past looked, hood niggas were definitely in. I had failed to mention to either of my girls that Keon's past wasn't all peaches and cream like I thought and he had a kid too.

"Girl, they never been in. I'm glad that I took the route of settling down and going ahead and getting married and having kids. I didn't have time to wait around and fool with these dumb niggas. I snatched me up a good one quickly, chile." Tiana bragged.

This was true

This was true. I still remember the day in sophomore year at FAMU that Tiana showed up with a big rock on her finger. The next thing I knew, she was packing her dorm room up and on a plane back to Denver. At the tender age of 20, Tiana had met Kevin, who was 34, at the time. They had a whirlwind romance and he spoiled my bestfriend to no end, considering he owned multiple car dealerships. Before I knew it she was married and was a mom of 3. Kevin had taken her completely out of the game.

"Well, you're lucky. Me and Jeannie over here still trying to find somebody that's even worth it to take to dinner."

"Amen.", I raised my glass.

Tiana chuckled and shook her head at both of us. "It comes unexpectedly. When a man is willing to take care of you, that's how you know he's the one."

"I disagree. Some men have such big egos, they do it as a control mechanism. Not saying that's your case, but most housewives I know are miserable."

"Oh, honey! No offense taken. I know exactly what you mean. Those bitches at the country club are one Botox shot away from death."