After I invited her in to sit down, she rushed in and sat on my couch and put her head into her own hands.

"Look-, we both started at the same time.

"You, first.", I motioned.

"I'm trying not to worry about this, but I'm not really familiar with this kind of thing. The night all those dudes rushed in there, I know one person who was involved. I won't tell you his name because I still care about him and after reading up on you, I'm afraid you'll seriously hurt him. He said you were involved in some kind of business. Can you be honest and tell me what, but if you don't want to that's your right."

I wasn't going to act ignorant and act like I didn't have a clue what she was talking about because I did. I knew she had probably saw the past convictions of battery, assault, and even 2nd degree murder.

"What is the person's relation to you?"

She stood up, scoffing.

"That's not important right now, Keon. What's important is you hid a lot from me. What else are you hiding from me? Are you married, do you have kids, are you really who you say you are?"

"No, I'm not married. Yes I have a kid. Yes I am who I say I am. I'm sorry, when did we start dating?"

"Oh, please! Don't even give me that bullshit. All the flirting and shit we've been doing the past 3 months. You giving me money, looking out for me, calling me baby girl, picking me up. You knew this was coming."

She was right. I knew soon enough, feelings would get involved.

"Look, I'll explain everything to you later. I said you first, so I think you should answer my question."

She stopped to look around for a moment.

"Okay, the guy is my ex. We broke up because right after college I didn't have a job. He has never had a job so he turned to the streets, I guess you could say. As I said before, I was unfamiliar with this and didn't believe in what he was doing. I felt he was getting too deep in it so I broke things off before I could get hurt. We were together for three years. I never expected him to do this."

She looked hurt. Tears welled up in her eyes but the situation was comical to me. I stifled my laugh.

"So you're telling me, a twenty-three year old kid is upset because his ex girlfriend works at my club, so he wants to come and fuck up what I have going on?", I started to laugh. At first, not that much but soon turned into a full out laugh.

"What the fuck is funny?"

"You."

"How am I funny?"

"You think I'm worried about a kid? Trust me, the shit he's doing I'm not new to it. He's mad and thinking with his dick instead of his brain. I could care less if he's mad or what he's mad about. He fucked up when he brung that shit to me. I respect your decision of not telling me who he is. I've already set plans into motion about what I'm going to do and how I'm going to handle this once I found out exactly who they are. Thanks, for the tip tho Ma.", I said while pulling her down with me as I sat down.

"Keon, I'm scared. I'm scared about all of this. I would be lying if I said I didn't care about Lucas. I would also be lying if I said I didn't care about you too.", she said caressing my face.