Little Big Girl (Daddyxlittle)

Start from the beginning

"Come to mama."

Drew can't help but laugh as Taliha opens the door only to have her reach for the wine and cradle it.

"Well, hello to you too? I see how it is, you only want me for my wine," he says jokingly stepping inside and closing the door behind him.

"Don't forget your sound professional expertise," she sings to him as he trails behind her into the open plan kitchen slash lounge.

"Right, right of course."

Drew tosses his coat onto the couch where hers lies and accepts the generous glass she's poured.

"So what's going on?" he asks as they both take a seat on the couch.

Taliha raises her knees, toes sinking into the couch cushions and takes a hearty sip of the wine. While she takes a moment to collect her thoughts, Drew takes the time to take in the sight of her. He wishes, he so wishes, he could see her in the same way as his friend Adrian does like a sibling or mentee. Instead all he can see is a beautiful, normally confident woman who at times like this seems lonely. The fun they could have. Her body with it's sweet curves would fit so perfectly against his harder plains.

"I'm just being silly. It's completely ridiculous, I shouldn't be-"

"Stop that."

Taliha freezes her jaw dropping slightly and eyes going wide. She's never heard that commanding, low tone voice from him. And goddamn if it doesn't make something inside her flutter with anticipation. Even Drew seems to pause for a moment as if he couldn't believe he let that slip.

Clearing his throat he states in a softer voice, "you know your feelings are completely valid so let's not go down that route. Just tell me what they are."

She takes another sip before sighing, "I'm nervous about the launch especially now there's not much for me to do but carry on with the promoting."

"What exactly are you nervous about?" he asks.

Taliha considers the question for a moment, something she hadn't done herself before. She supposes she was just thinking about it in general but to pinpoint exactly the route of her nerves is difficult.

"Well," she starts taking another sip, "I suppose it's the thought that people are going to hate it and it'll be a complete bust."

"So what?"

The curt question shocks her. She blinks at him with big eyes wondering what on earth he means.

"What do you mean 'so what'? So my reputation will be ruined. No one will ever hire me. I'll be broke and a failure."

"Tally," sings Drew his tone a lot softer this time, "you're not going to be a complete failure. It would only be a complete waste of time and money if you didn't learn anything from your mistakes. Your reputation is pristine, it will survive just fine and besides isn't the whole reason you're doing this because the bookings are slowing down? You have so many other skills and you'll easily find other jobs. Plus, trust me you're not going to go broke from this. I told you the accounts for the company and-"

"Yes yes, they're separate and I trust you Drew. It's just that...I'm still nervous."

"And that's completely normal. Listen come here. It'll be okay."