Chapter 24

Senior Year

Never has my life felt more complete.

It feels as if everything is aligning. My athleticism has sky rocketed and I feel as if this year may be my greatest in football. Almost like the team may qualify for state and qualifying will be a phenomenon my school has yet to witness.

My classes are fairly easy, besides Pre-Calculus which is assigned to all seniors. And I luckily have ceramics with Ashley, which is rare since she's a year under me.

And then there's my relationship with Noah, the beautiful blue-eyed boy. Something my fourth grade self could never fathom to come reality.

Our relationship wasn't picture perfect, still only known between us. Noah was still very cautious, but it seemed as if he was progressing. Slowly becoming assure of himself and pushing past boundaries.

I loved him and was eager to show him in my actions just how much he meant to me. But Noah wasn't ready. He wasn't confident enough for me to confess my love let alone take things further physically.

Noah wasn't some easy fuck. He meant more to me, and if he wasn't ready.. I would wait for him. I'd wait a hundred years for him.

***

In lunch I sat with Noah and Ashley, making senior year already off to a wonderful start.

I was hoping Noah and Ashley would eventually bond together and become friends. Maybe Noah would eventually be comfortable for us to disclose our relationship with her, and then we could be open and...

I'm getting ahead of myself. They haven't even made it passed acquaintances and I was already dreaming of the day Noah would share the most private thing about himself.

Besides, Noah was a little on edge about befriending Ashley. I could say the same for Ashley, who remembers me not too long ago shunned from Noah.

"So are you guys cool now?" Ashley asks from beside me. Her hand pulling a carrot from a plastic bag. Eyes furrowed to the curly haired boy purchasing a bag of chips from the vending machine.

"Yeah, we're all good," I say a little too excitedly and quickly take a sip of water.

"It's just last year you weren't on speaking terms, and now you guys are all buddy buddy."

"We sorted things out."

She sighs, waving a carrot in the air as she speaks, "But you never told me what happened."

"Just stuff.."

"What kind of st-"

"They were out of barbecue, but I snagged some classic and a bag of onion rings," Noah cuts Ashley off, throwing the bag of chips on the table as he takes his seat in front of me.

"Ugh, Noah! I'm supposed to be eating healthy," I complain as he slides me the bag of Onion chips.

They were my all time favorite, and frankly a rare in the vending.

"One bag of chips won't kill you," he assures. Rips open the bag of Lays and tosses a chip in his mouth.

"That's what you say all the time. It adds up," I roll my eyes, but eventually open the bag.

"Who eats 'Funyuns'," Ashley laughs.

"Ethan. It's his favorite," the blue-eyed boy speaks, eyes staring into mine.

"I can't say I know anyone else who likes them," Ashley laughs again. Shakes her head at the bright yellow bag.

I spot Darren smugly making his way to our table. Still the party animal I knew last year, and frankly not very focus on football.. not as much as Daniel.