"Cara, he doesn't love you. He's using you to get to me," I try to tell her as she nears me.

"I told him he could do whatever he wanted with you, and looking at you now, I'm so fucking impressed."

"Cara, what happened to you?" I query.

"Do you see this, Summer?" she pulls her sleeve up displaying her scarred skin. "This is what the fire did to me, and if you think this is all, you should see the rest of my body. Forty-five percent of my skin was burnt in the fire that you set."

"I'd say I'm sorry, but I know that's not gonna fix anything, so I won't. But I can help you, Cara. I- I can get you back to your family. Whatever Nick has aga-"

"I love him, Summer."

"But he doesn't love you, you know that."

"It's because of you!" she accuses as her hand wraps around my throat. "But that'll change. Look at yourself, Summer. No one's gonna love you now. Your outside is just as ugly as your insides. When Nick told me that you had gotten most of your scars removed, I was so ecstatic. You gave him... you gave us, a blank canvas to work on and I love how its turning out."

"Now, it's my turn to add some details," she words as she rips my t-shirt exposing my stomach. "He says you don't remember what you did. But don't worry, I'll make you remember the pain. Bring it in."

I watch as a man comes in and hands Cara a blow torch.

She's gonna burn my skin.

"Cara, please," I struggle with the cuffs holding me up. "Please, don't do this. Cara I can't get pregnant, okay? That's my punishment. No one's gonna love me with the scars on my body. My family already hates me. Why do you think I'm still here? I'm alone. I'm already suffering. Please, Cara, don't do this. I regret leaving you there every single day."

I lie. The truth is, I didn't even remember her until she walked through that door.

"You know what I hate most about you?" Cara's green eyes dilate in anger. "The fact that you can look a person right in the eyes and lie without a single fault."

"Fuck, Cara!" I yank at the cuffs again in anger.

"Don't worry, just count to thirty and it'll all be over before you know it," she says as she turns the torch on.

I bite down on my bottom lip and close my eyes. My nails dig into the ruptured skin of my palm as I feel the heat near my stomach increase.

As I feel the flame starting to burn my skin, I fidget trying to turn but it doesn't help. My eyes start to water and I breathe heavily as I feel my skin melting under the heat of the flame.

I have never felt pain like this in my life.

Fuck.

Someone, make it stop.

"Ca-Cara, please," I beg. My eyes blinded with tears, I don't know how I'm withstanding the excruciating pain.

"This is all on you, Summer. For every life you took, the scars on your body are nothing," she says as she turns the torch off.

My mind hazy, spots start to cover my view. I feel her untie my hands and once the second hand is uncuffed, I fall onto my hands and knees.

Dizzy, I look down at my stomach. I can't feel the pain, I just see splotches of blood mixed with a black thickness of what once used to be my skin. Curiously, the tips of my fingers dip into the wound and I stare bewildered.

I did this to myself.

......

It's been three weeks and I wake up screaming. Every single time I fall asleep, I find myself stuck in a nightmare.