Chapter 21

"... I'm a new soul I came to this strange world Hoping I could learn a bit about how to give and take..."
~ Jay-Z

......

My whole body feels heavy as I feel the warm blanket draped over my body, but I can't ignore the nauseous feeling inside of me. When I feel the burning acid making it's way up through my throat, I get up from the bed and run to the bathroom ignoring the fact that Kai was sleeping next to my bed with his hand in mine just a few seconds ago.

I lift up the toilet seat and vomit. My eyes water as I puke out the contents from yesterday.

Fuck, what happened last night?

I kneel down onto the bathroom floor, next to the toilet, as I continue to puke. After I'm done, I flush the toilet and walk over to the sink.

My eyes are a light shade of red and my hair is slightly damp smelling of my green tea and cucumber shampoo.

Did I shower last night?

To get rid of the nasty taste in my mouth, I take my mouthwash and rinse it out. Hoping it helps get rid of the tiredness, I wash my face with cold water. When I walk over to my rack to grab my towel, I step on clothes. Confused, I grab the towel and dry my face.

My jaw drops to the ground at what comes in sight; my bra and under wear on the bathroom floor along with Kai's shirt. Dropping my head allows my eyes to spot the blood dripping down from between my legs below the loose shirt that fell only mid-thigh. Underneath, I'm bare.

A sickening feeling takes over my body followed by painful cramps in my lower back.

Any sane person would think what I'm thinking right now: did I have drunk sex with Kai last night? From the looks of it, yes, but that wouldn't explain the bleeding. I'm not a virgin, so there shouldn't have been blood.

Knowing that it's most likely my period, I quickly slip on a tampon after taking a quick shower and throwing the clothes, on the floor, in the laundry basket.

Whatever happened last night, I know Kai will explain it. Whether or not we had sex, nothing is going to change between us – at least, not from my side.

I wrap the white towel around my body and exit the bathroom. Kai is no longer in my room, but the mess on my bed, still remains. My mind can't take the endless thoughts running through it about what happened last night.

Maybe Kai and I both got drunk and he couldn't walk to his room so he slept on the floor next to my bed. Or we had sex, and he's going to use it against me for the rest of my life...

Oh god, I haven't had sex since I left Nick and him being the last person I had sex with makes things way more awkward, because I just had sex with his younger brother.

Why me? Out of all the people in the universe, why did I have to screw up the most last night.

Calm down,  Summer. What if you're just over thinking and none of that actually happened?

I take a deep breath, heading over to my closet. There really is no need to over think about last night, I'm sure Kai is going to explain everything – I hope.

Quickly, I grab a pair of ripped jeans and a light pink hoodie. Before heading down, I dry my hair and fix it into a side fishtail braid. I look presentable which is the exact opposite of what I would've said an hour ago.

No one comes in sight as I walk down to the kitchen. Once I enter the kitchen, I'm met with the delicious smell of eggs and bacon. Kai stands by the stove supporting a lousy outfit consisted of a black t-shirt and grey sweats.