"You're quite poetic today."

"Just when I see you," Nick shares.

"You still smoke?" he questions pulling out a cigarette from his pack and lighting it. His eyes curiously watch me eye the cigarette anticipating my answer.

"Occasionally."

"Mmm. I think you should stop completely. Your lips look better around other things anyway."

"Yeah, like on the end of a bottle."

"Well, I had other things in mind."

"I'm sure you did."

"Your family's searching for you," Nick says after taking a hit of his cigarette.

"And they're not gonna stop."

"No one's asking them to."

"Then what's the problem?"

"My brother's taking the lead."

"Does that surprise you?"

"No, because if it came down to it, I'd kill him in cold blood for you, right in front of you."

"I don't doubt it."

"But what I am surprised about, is that he loves you despite knowing that you are like me in every way."

"That's because he doesn't see me for who I am. He sees me as who I was, the innocent fifteen-year-old who was tortured underneath his feet every single day."

"So he avoids the truth."

"Yeah."

"And you let him."

"He's stubborn."

Nick lets out a chuckle, "Who isn't these days?"

After a few moments of silence, Nick loses interest in the cigarette and rubs it out throwing it to the side. His elbows resting on the top of his knees, he leans in with a stern look plastered across his face.

"Tell me the truth Summer, how many men have you slept with in the last three years?"

"Two," I lie. I know his games. The higher the number, more severe the punishment will be.

I've actually slept with Kai, Alessio and Donte. Maybe even more people, but I don't remember and I'm not keen on letting Nick know. He's doing enough damage as is.

"And did you mean any of them?"

"No," I easily word knowing that it was the truth.

"But you enjoyed them?"

"Yes."

His eyes focused on mine, they darken hiding his pupil completely. A few seconds pass before Nick stands up unbuttoning his coat, taking it off and hanging it on the chair, he leaves himself in a black buttoned shirt and grey pants.

Then he walks to the side, around me, and stops behind, somewhere out of my vision.

Eventually, I hear his clothes ruffle as he bends over and I feel his hand hover over my back until it reaches my head pulling it back with a grip on my hair.

"You're going to regret ever letting them touch you," he speaks into my ear coldly making the hair on the back of neck stand on their ends.

The instant his hand lets go of my hair, they find a grip on the collar of the shirt, ripping it in half exposing my bare back. The cold air dancing across my back, causes goosebumps and my breath hitches in my throat as I close my eyes preparing myself for the worse.