mistakes like this - dark pit

they / them

x

ever since you had arrived to smash mansion a little before the release of ultimate, dark pit was drawn to you. you weren't necessarily shy, and you actually seemed to enjoy the company of other smashers, but pittoo would notice your little moments of silence. sometimes he'd see you sitting out in the vast field that surrounds the mansion, and he would be able to see the complexity of your thoughts behind your eyes. he loved that about you.

you hadn't known much about pittoo before you started talking. you'd only known the very basic description that master hand had told you—he was a "dark clone" of pit, nothing more than another echo fighter. you had desperately wanted to know more about him, but his cold exterior always made you hesitate when trying to speak to him.

so, how did the two of you begin your relationship?

it was the night before the release of smash ultimate, and there was a large scale festival happening at the mansion. there was music, lights, even a parade celebrating all of the fighters. oh, and there were drinks. the bar was closed off to all of the teenage and child fighters, understandably. however this didn't stop the more mischievous of the bunch.

roy, being the ring leader of all the teenage fighters and the troublemaker he is, devised a plan to get his hands on a little bit of alcohol. he gathered link, sheik, little mac, shulk, pit, dark pit and yourself and explained his plan.
most of the gang was down for a little mischief, except for pit who refused to drink "the disgusting elixir of hades". god, he's so cute and innocent, you thought.

after pit had left, you all set the plan into motion. long story short, sheik, being the master of disguise she is, snuck into the bar with the help of link. little mac and shulk had served as defense, you and pittoo were look-out, and roy—well, roy didn't do too much actually. the plan ended up a success, and the six of you rushed to the designated meeting spot in the farthest corner of smash mansion's garden.

there, roy kicked off the festivities by popping open a can of beer and shouting something loud and unintelligible, in a very roy-like manner. each of you cracked open your own drinks and took a swig, and from there began a night filled with laughs.

it began to get late though, and you could feel it. you'd only had two drinks because you wanted to avoid getting wasted, but natural tiredness due to the late hour was enough to make you want to dismiss yourself from the gathering and walk back to your room.

"oh, c'mon (y/n)? just oneeeeeee more?" roy pleaded in hopes of changing your mind.

groggily, you refused. roy persisted in asking, and you kept saying no, but he wasn't taking no for an answer. he even egged on link, shulk and little mac to join him in his pleas. you almost agreed to stay just to get them to shut up, until pittoo interrupted.

"god, you guys are unbearable. (y/n) wants to go home, let them! damn..." he said, in his usual cold tone. your eyes widened, shocked at the fact that dark pit would stand up for you the way he did. "come on, (y/n), i'll walk you back."

you could've sworn you felt your jaw drop to the floor. did dark pit actually just offer to walk me back to my room? you asked yourself in sheer disbelief. he stood up and walked over, offering his hand out to you. hesitantly and still in shock, you grabbed it and the two of you took off toward the mansion. as you walked you could hear the jeers of roy and the gang behind you, making lots of drunk and immature "couple" jokes. you giggled when you noticed pittoo rolling his eyes. he blushed the faintest of blushes.

after you were away from the group, a comfortable silence fell over the two of you, your fingers still interlocked. pittoo used this opportunity to sneak a few glances at you. your hair was messy from the partying, and your makeup was smudged. still, he thought you looked pretty.

you picked up on the stolen glances, and after blushing a few times, spoke up. "i hope i don't look too crazy right now..." you said with a faint chuckle.

"define crazy." pittoo responded. unsure of whether to laugh or not, another small giggle escaped your lips.

"so...dark pit..." your voice trailed.

"yeah?" the dark angel spoke, looking up at you.

"why did you want to walk me back? actually, why'd you even defend me back there. i mean, i'm not complaining by any means! it's just...we've never actually talked much before and i thought it was a little out of the ordinary because you don't seem like-" you stopped rambling on when you noticed that dark pit had stopped walking. you whipped your head around as a scared expression covered your face, afraid you had accidentally said something to hurt his feelings.

but he just stood there, looking at you. little did you know, he was studying every inch of your face in the bright moonlight. truth be told he didn't know why he had offered to walk you back. all he knew was that in this one moment, the only thing he wanted to do was kiss you and run his hands up and down your body, wanting to study more than just your face. you were gorgeous, a million times more than just pretty. he wanted you—he just wanted to see if this was right....if you two could work.

but, despite being tipsy himself, he knew you were both too damn sober to make mistakes like that.

"i don't know...i-i just wanted roy to shut the fuck up, he's so goddamn annoying. now, let's just get back before bayonetta or someone finds us..."

and with that, the two of you continued your walk home, both wanting more—both of you wanting each other. but it would have to wait.

x
notes

this imagine was heavily inspired by mistakes like this by prelow! go give it a listen <3

leave requests