This will always be my Home

Start from the beginning

We find a small café, order our breakfast, and find a table. We're the only people in the entire shop. I pray in my mind that the paparazzi don't decide to show up at a random café that might happen to be this one. There are hundreds of cafes in London, this can not end up being the one cafe that is to be chosen to interrupt my morning.

I walk up to front of the shop to grab our teas and pastries. I pay for our food. As I'm about to leave, the lady who handed me our order says, "You happen to look really familiar!" Oh no! Please not now! "Do I know you from somewhere?" Please don't say anything more! "I can't put my finger on it! So sorry I thought I recognized you! Enjoy your food, love!"

"Thank you!" I say with a sigh of relief. And I walk back to our table.

"Ellie your face is red, is everything alright?" Jordan asks.

"I'm fine!" I grab my tea and muffin and quietly eat.

"So has the umm....Hal...ha-ha-hal....see....yon----" Jordan tries to pronounce.

I laugh, "You tryin to say Halcyon, love?"

"Yes! How has the Halcyon Days tour been?" Jordan says, still a bit short on the -cyon.

"It's been a lot of fun so far. It's been crazy! The whole band has been wild and.....I can't even describe how awesome it's been!" I suddenly feel bad that I keep bragging about my ways of life, when Jordan was the one who was jealous of me, "So how has London and everything been? Anything...new?"

"Not really. Its rained quite bit, and rained, and...yeah rained." She literally just described England perfectly in only a sentence.

"Well thats England for yeah! So I guess not much has changed since I left?"

"Nope not much!"

We sit in quietness with only the sound of the café music playing through the dining room.

I immediately realize that I had forgotten about mum.

"Oh no! We have to go back to the flat! Mums gonna be bloody mad!" I exclaim.

"Yeah we should go!"

We quickly finish our pastries and tea and hastily leave the café.

***

We arrive at mums house within 10 minutes. We run up the driveway and up to the entrance.

Luckily mum wasn't awake. Jordan and I both run up the stairs to my room and shut the door quietly.

"Do you think she heard us?" Jordan asks.

"Hope not!" I reply with a short laugh at the end.

"You know this is like what we used to do when we were kids, remember? We always used to hide from Alex, and then Isabel would join us and everything?"

I never really liked to remember my past, considering that my mind was clouded with a darkness that no one understood. My parents were never there for me, to guide me through the darkness and be that light. I always told myself that I would try to be strong even when they were not there.

I just go along with Jordan and try to think of the fun we had fooling with Alex.

"Yeah...I remember."

We go quiet when we hear someone walk right past the door and down stairs.

We walk out of the room and walk down the stairs casually. We sit ourselves down across from where Isabel is fixing herself some breakfast and tea. 

"Aren't ya lads gonna eat anything?" Isabel asks, turning around.

"No I'm not really hungry." Jordan says.

"I don't think so either." I say.

"You feelin better Jordan?" Isabel asks.

"Great!" Jordan says.

"Good." Isabel smiles.

"Where's mum?" I ask.

"She should be ready any minute." Within seconds after Isabel's sentence, mum comes down the stairs and says, "Oh look! All my beautiful daughters are here together. Are you feelin better, darling?" Mum asks Jordan.

"I'm fine, mum, thanks!"

"Good."

I change my mind and grab a teacup from one of the cabinets and fix myself some tea. Everyone knows how much I can't resist tea.

Isabel, mum, and I all finish our breakfast and tea at the same time. We all discuss over my last day here in London.

***

We spend the rest of the day walking through London square and visiting the places of where I decided to start my career.

And though I will be leaving London tomorrow, Hereforde will always be my home!