Chapter 26

Tell me guys do you like Kate in curls or straight hair like how she looks in this chapter above, 👆 comment.

Kate sobbed and looked at her makeup smacked face, mascara was running down she looked terrible, she had already accepted the fact that he would never love her, would never marry her but deep down she had some hope, hope that he'll one day change his mind.
He has proved her wrong tonight, why did he even bring her in this humiliating party after all, to show her that she's the most stupid girl alive huh?.
Well he is everything John Berger was, she cried so hard, she and her mother were like two sides of the coin, they were the same, she'd learnt nothing from her mother's mistakes, what a terrible student she is.

She washed her face and stopped when she was just get the mascara worse and went outside, she sat near a pool and cried, cried for her stupidity, her failure of a life, for her mother who she wanted so bad to make her proud of her and cried for believing his lies.
She thought he was different but he's just like her father, she wiped off her tears and laughed in pain.
'Moon....mooom!!!!', she cried and cried
'Mother!!', she swallowed hard if she can hear her then it's better,
'I'm sorry mom, I'm sorry I didn't make you proud, I'm sorry I fell for the same trap, I'm sorry I'm another you, I'm just like you mom, they were right right mom?', she hiccupped 'I'm a failure just like you, mama I've disappointed you!!, I broke my promise, I'm sorry mama, sorry mama'.

She sobbed now she realized why John Berger had rejected her, she's an embarrassment, a proof of his mistake, she opened her purse and found the knife, she looked at it, should she risk it?, kill herself once and for all and that's how they'll remember her?, like she killed herself to escape embarrassment?.
No, she's better than that, she threw the knife in the pool and took her phone, called Zukisa, her best friend maybe it is time to tell her the truth, that there's no longer paradise in Italy.
'Zukii....he....he..he..li..lied...to..m..m..eee',
She cried in pain.
'Calm down Kate, what happened?'.
'He...he..he..g...ot...enga..ged..to..tonight'
Zuki took a deep breath, 'Oh Kate my friend, you need to be strong now okay, stop crying now'.
Kate nodded shaking, this is it, sometimes letting go saves energy and space, 'I'm...... com...ing ho..ome:'
'I think it is best if you do that chommie, men are worthless my friend!'
They talked some more and Kate went outside, took a cab home.

She reached home and Sarah who was with Hannah ran to her.
'Katherine, what happened?', the old woman asked, she ran and hugged her crying.
'I...I can't do this Hannah, I'm leaving tomorrow, I just.... I can't'.
'What?, Katie no, you can't give up just yet, whatever happened, I'm sure you two can-'.
'He's engaged', tears streamed her cheeks, 'He got engaged tonight, I've been so stupid, I...have to go Sarah, I'm sorry, I can't stay here anymore' she ran to the bedroom.
She packed all her belongings, she went to the bathroom to take her toiletries and came out and found him standing next to her half packed suitcases.
'Katerina!'
Kate looked at him 'Don't, please don't call me that' that name brings so many memories.
He looked at her suitcases, 'Cara, I-'
She shook her head, doesn't this man get it?, 'None of that too, why?, why Gabriel?, you ruined my life, you could've just told me from the beginning', she wiped off her tears, 'You are just like him'.
He sighed like it's no big deal
'It's a stupid business deal th-'
'When were you going to tell me?!', she let out a laugh 'When I hear wedding bells huh?, answer me!!!', she yelled, so much for reminding her that she's not wanted.

'It is no big deal Katerina, don't over think things, unpack your bags already!'
Kate shook her head
'I can't stay with a man who doesn't love me'
'Before tonight you were so happy with that!'
Kate took a deep breath 'Not anymore, I'm leaving maybe I'll get the man who will love me'.
He laughed 'What?, you'll run to that Benny boy of yours?'
Kate nodded 'He has something that you don't, he'll give me what you can ne-'.
He grabbed her jaw angrily
'Don't. Ever. Compare me with that boy Katherine Berger, never!'.
Kate got so angry snd slapped him hard till her palm ached 'Never. Try. To hurt me ever again Gabriel Moretti, I don't care who you are or what you do!'.
He laughed 'Now look at you, you think you own me now right?'
Kate couldn't believe her eyes, they say people don't change, it is the mask that falls off, 'I loathe you Gabriel, with all my heart, I hope you end up in hell, you're heartless, mean, cold, a murderer you don't have a heart, you have no feelings!'
He took a deep breath 'Then it's best if you leave then'.
'Oh I plan to, tomorrow in fact' she looked deep in those hazel eyes, eyes that she fell in love, she shook her head how could she have fallen for a beast?, a monster?, only crazy people do.

He looked at her 'Tell Benny boy I send my regards for the wedding, he's a lucky bastard!'.
Kate nodded, 'I will be happy to send you our honeymoon photos'
'Or perhaps first child?', he mocked her.
Kate sighed 'We'd be honoured'.
He smiled, 'What a pity I won't be able to make it to the wedding'
'At least we won't be in danger, who knows what will happen if Christabella finds out her fiancé is attending his
ex black girlfriend's wedding?'
He chuckled, 'A woman can dream!', he turned to leave the room.
'Gabriel?'
He turned and looked at her.
'Don't look for me'
'You wish!', he banged the door and left.
Kate sat on the floor and cried, coming here was a mistake, there's no debate on that, it is time to go back home and move on.

On the next day, Kate was in a white short skirt and denim long sleeved shirt, her hair in a ponytail, she was in front of the Moretti's house saying goodbye to Sarah and Hannah.
'I'll miss you so much Katie', Sarah hugged her in tears they'd never see each others again, this is farewell.
Kate forced and smile and whispered to her, 'When I call you, I'll expect you to tell me more about Hernan okay?'.
Sarah wiped off her tears and laughed in pain, 'You idiot!?, you're the most selfless bitch I've ever met, I love you Katie!!'.
Kate wiped off her tears too,
'Goodbye Hannah'.
'Bye Katherine, we will miss you in the kitchen', they hugged.
Kate laughed, 'Cook ugali often okay?'.
Hannah nodded, 'Take care of yourself my dear, be a good girl'.
Kate looked at the entrance door where the devil is standing, he looked so peaceful as if nothing was happening, bastard!.
'It's a pity you will be using a commercial  flight'
'I don't need your pity Gabriel!'
'Sure', he smiled
'Did you have anything to do with my vacation?'.
He smirked, 'Did you really believe that that sorry of a boss of yours could just grant you a vacation without persuasion?'
Kate smiled, 'You were so desperate!'
He laughed, 'So were you Katherine', the way he said her name, was in too much anger, hatred, he looked dangerous.
She smiled again, 'Gabriel Moretti?'
He looked at her in anger.
'Don't look for me!', she reminded him putting on her shades.
'Stop dreaming of the impossible'

Kate went to the airport and boarded a plane, she took her seat and the whole time she was feeling very bad, her muscles ached, she had a very bad headache, she prayed for the flight to get faster. She couldn't eat or drink anything, she was so upset and disappointed, she reached the Capetown airport and she took her bags and pulled them looking for Zukisa who was to come for her.
When she saw her waving, she smiled and walked faster, when she reached where Zuki is standing, she fell in her arms and broke in tears.
'It is okay Kate, you are home now, let's start afresh okay?'
Kate nodded and suddenly she felt weak, so weak and dizzy, she started seeing black dots and the last thing she heard was Zukisa's screams calling for an ambulance.

Hope you enjoyed, so what do you think will happen, tell me fellas.