Final Syn

Leo's POV
"No, no no no!" Big D panicked, pressing frantically on the cyber desk.

"Where'd the feed go?" I asked, continuing to hear static through my earpiece.

"Obviously there's something blocking Zoey's signal," Big D muttered.

"Really?" I deadpanned.

"Well, what did you want me to say?" Big D snapped.

"Just keep pressing the desk," I said.

"I will," Big D mocked.

Zoey's POV
"Wow, look at this place," I said to myself. The room I had stepped into was full of cool techy stuff. I'd describe it in better detail, but I would probably get to five 'weird shaped doodads' before giving up. I wanted to find something that would prove that Synican had stolen Uncle D's exoskeleton tech, but frankly I didn't know where to start.

"Can't wait to start?" A voice asked behind me, and I jumped, whirling around to see who was behind me. There was the man himself, Dylan Synican, chuckling at my surprise.

"I get the feeling," he said, "If I had been stuck up in AI Research for as long as you had, I'd be down here now too."

"Not a fan of coding?" I asked.

"One of the many keys to my success: hiring lots of people to do the crap I don't want to do," Synican replied.

"I like that idea," I agreed.

"But let's not dwell on that," Synican said, "We have a project to work on don't we?"

"Yes we do," I agreed, watching in anticipation as Synican started typing on his tablet. He finally pulled up the exo-skeleton project, and I quickly scanned over it.

And it was definitely a copy of Uncle D's.

"Wow," I said, "Pretty intricate."

"Isn't it," Synican mused, "Which leads me to wonder, why did you just scan over it?"

"Huh?" I asked.

"You took a glance and seemed to have it," Synican said.

"And?" I asked, not exactly following.

"The only way that speed of recognition happens is if you've seen that project before," he explained, "Eyes don't lie."

"What are you suggesting?" I scoffed, "That I've hacked into your systems?"

"Ha! Like you'd get past my cyber security team," Synican scoffed, "No, you've seen that from Davenport."

"I have no idea what you're talking about," I lied.

"Yes you do," Synican said as he gestured for three security guards to come over, "I honestly thought that Davenport would send a spy over sooner. But that doesn't change the fact that he wants to prove that I stole tech from him, and he won't be able to."

"That's really not why I came," I said.

"Oh please, do you really think that Davenport's stupid plan would fool me for long?" Synican said.

"You know, I really want to keep disagreeing with you," I said, "But honestly, his plan was really stupid."

"Just like all his plans," Synican mused, "And as an extra layer of security, he probably sent one of his bionic humans."

"Whoa there mister Synican," I bluffed, "That's a pretty big assumption you made there."

"Oh please, don't expect me to believe that you aren't one of his chip kids," Synican said.