Sink or Swim - Part 1

Zoey's POV

The cargo freighter we were on blared its horn as it moved across the Pacific. Adam, Bree, and Chase were hiding behind the shipping crates, while I sat on deck, invisible. When the crew finished working and went inside the boat, I turned visible again and signaled that the coast was clear.

"Well," Bree declared, "After 6 hours I can confidently say that there is no lady like way to sit on an anchor."

"What are you complaining about?" Chase replied, "I had a seagull using my head as a nest!"

"And never have I been more glad for my invisibility," I said, "Where are we headed anyway?" We all looked at Chase, but he didn't respond.

"Where are we going?" Bree reiterated my question.

"No idea," Chase replied, clearly at Bree, "I can't pinpoint our exact location without our GPS locators."

"I bet we're going to Acapulco," Adam mused, "That's where all the cruise ships go."

"Adam, we're not on a cruise ship," Chase deadpanned, "It's a cargo freighter."

"Whatever it is, were on vacation!" Adam replied obliviously, "Okay, I'm making the most out of it."

"This is not a vacation!" I protested, "We're hiding from the FBI!"

"This is not a vacation!" Chase said, like I wasn't there, "We're hiding from the FBI! And if they find us, we'll become government guinea pigs and Mr. Davenport will go to jail!"

"Ugh, will you relax?" Adam groaned, lounging on a pile of ropes and putting on sunglasses, "Nice to get away once and a while, isn't it? And where is that waiter?"

——————————

I walked down the crates to where the trio was, disabling my invisibility and saying, "Okay, the coast is clear, the crew just went down to eat."

Adam and Bree nodded, while Chase pretended as if he hadn't heard.

"Is the coast clear?" he asked, "It should be their lunch break by now."

"Yes, the coast is clear," Bree repeated, rolling her eyes.

"If It's veal shank, I'm giving us up," Adam declared, getting up.

"Adam," Bree scolded. He sat back down.

"So what's our plan?" I asked Chase. He didn't reply.

"What our plan, Chase?" Bree repeated, getting more and more annoyed each time.

"Well, as soon as we get wherever we're going," Chase said, "We just blend in and live normal lives."

"Wait, So does this mean we're done with missions forever?" Adam asked.

"We have to be," Chase replied, "Using bionics will only get us caught. Man, if I'm not mission leader anymore, I don't know who I am."

"You'll be Chase Davenport," Adam replied, "The guy who somehow got the girl. How did you do that again?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," Chase replied, coldly.

"Well, then I guess you'll have many girlfriendless years ahead of you to figure it out," Adam said.

"And what are you gonna do?" Chase shot back, "Besides move pianos and mouth kiss every dog you see?"

"Well, you can't shake their paws!" Adam protested, "Those things are dirty!"

"We're just gonna have to learn to live like regular people," Chase said, "Kinda sad, isn't it?"

"If sad means 'Awesome, I get to move far away from you two' then yes, tragic," Bree said.