Which Father Knows Best?

It's very disorienting to wake up wet. As I opened my eyes, the half of my body that was quite damp was becoming more and more uncomfortable by the second.

Soon, my vision cleared and I realized what was going on. I was laying in the lawn behind the Davenport mansion. And, being there all night, the morning dew had had plenty of time to soak into my clothes and skin.

Yeah, sleeping in the grass hadn't turned out as romantic as it seemed at the time.

Just then, Chase started waking up.

"Why is everything wet?" He muttered.

"We spent all night in the grass," I replied.

"Riiiight..." Chase realized, "I probably should've thought that part through a bit more."

"Well, I'm drying off," I said.

"Good idea," Chase replied, both of us getting up. I gave him a quick peck on the cheek.

"Go quick and I'll make you extra pancakes," I said, jogging off.

"But Bree's the quick one," Chase complained.

"You're smart," I reassured, "And you have a bribe. You'll figure it out."

——————————

Chase did figure it out, however he got full before he even got to the extra pancakes. But Adam ate them, so it was all good.

——————————

Tasha and I had just finished doing the breakfast dishes, and I decided to head down to the lab to see if Uncle D had made any progress on remaking Bree's chip. When I got down there, I saw something that looked suspiciously like a microwave on top of one of the cyber desks.

Hey look, I remembered that it was called a microwave! Look at me, progress.

"Well, Bree," Uncle D said, "You smashed your chip so badly that it's useless, but I was able to replicate my brother's original design and, like my face, it's flawless."

"Forget the chip," Leo said, "We need to get this dude a mirror!"

"Wait," Bree said, "So I'll actually get to be bionic again?"

"Yep,' Uncle D said.

"Yes!" Bree squealed, hugging Uncle D, "Thank you thank you thank you!"

"Oh look, your chip is almost ready," Uncle D pointed out as I pried Bree off of him. I turned to see the chip appearing in the microwave.

"Ooh! Snacks are done!" Adam called.

"For the last time, this is not a microwave," Uncle D said, exasperated, "It's a chip fabricator."

Whoops.

"Well, call it whatever you want," Adam protested, "I'm still making my mini pizzas in here."

"Okay Bree," Uncle D said, holding up the chip, "Hop in your capsule and get ready for your new chip."

Bree went to her capsule as Uncle D went to the cyber desk where Leo was at and started typing.

"You know, Big D," Leo suggested, "If this works maybe you could make a chip for me."

Uncle D just laughed, "Please, your body can't take high fiber cereal."

"It was worth a try, buddy," I reassured, patting Leo on the back.

Just then, Bree left her capsule, as the process was complete.