Chapter 7: Heart of Gold

Comenzar desde el principio

"Something bad is going to happen in a few years. The reason I met Dresden Rex was because I was sent here from my world. It's different from this one. It is one that exists without the power of Kings or auras. Even after World War II, Japan is a global influence, but not to the extent that it is in this world." Hana sat down and explained as I joined her in the sitting area.

My body has become old, but my power is still going strong. Even if Hana tried anything dangerous, I would be able to stop her. And if she's met Dresden, she must not be a bad person. I wonder if my granddaughter would have been like Hana if I ever settled down and got married. There were many who came after my power and wealth when I established the Gold Clan in Japan, but none who compared to Klaudia Weismann. Her death is what sparked this all, Adolf retreating to the skies and me focusing my efforts on rebuilding Japan.

In Hana's world, I find it interesting that Japan would still build itself back up even after the defeat it had suffered. I had spent my entire life in the shadows, building Japan back up using the powers that Dresden (and who is often referred to as The Slate), had bestowed upon me. We each have a role in this world, every person who is granted the title of King.

But from what I can tell, this girl isn't linked to the title of King. She's one that can reach and interact with all of the auras.

"How interesting. A friend of Dresden's is a friend of mine. So what are you going to do next?"

Over the next hour and a half, Hana told me about her world and her overall plan to prevent the chain of events that will set off a tragic catastrophe.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Hana's POV

I sighed. What a meeting. He reminds me of my grandpa a bit. When angered, is straight to the point, but when not, likes to play tricks and games.

We both knew that Dresden Rex was there, but kept silent about it. It seemed to be a test in my opinion. We could sense him take an almost physical form as his power is a lot stronger when we are closer to the Slate.

But Dresdon just observed us as we played shogi in the sitting area.

I want to talk to him again, but since we were both pretending that he wasn't there, I guess I still have a lot of time left to talk to him.

Since the war, the Silver king has looked down from the clouds upon the earth. He has seen people born, fight, and die. He's also ignored the workings of those on the ground, preferring instead of keep his head in the clouds and live out immortality alone.

But Oji-san has worked hard, protected the Slate, taken up the reigns of a true King, and fashioned the world of this universe into a better place. He did that to prove that there are many possibilities available and so much potential in the world.

And yet.

His message didn't get across to the Silver King, the brother of Klaudia Weismann. If she had lived, I wonder if Klaudia and Daikaku would have gotten married. I ship it. They would've been a cute couple. But that was back during WWII, what 1945 right?

I sighed and looked up again to the sky.

Oh Silver King. What are we going to do with you?

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Timeskip: 10PM

I had spent the last few hours roaming around and enjoying Shizume city. When I walked back into HOMRA's bar, I only found Tatatara, Mikoto, Misaki, Rikio, Izumo, and Anna in the bar. There were a few actual customers, but the rest of the gang was missing because it's a Monday and the bar was open.