five

jisung

second class had ended. i had to talk to jeongin. for jae.

"yang jeongin!" i shouted, he successfully turned around looking at me. "hey jisung, what's up?"

i scoffed. he can talk to me but he can't talk to his best friend?

"why are you like this?" i asked. "what do you mean?"

"you can talk to me but you can't talk to your best friend? she thinks she did wrong with expressing her feelings. those letters weren't meant to be sent. all who received a letter forgave her. all except you. her best friend."

"why are you telling me this? are you her boyfriend? because last time i checked, the letter said i was her current crush, not you, you're just her past love"

"i may be her past but you sure aren't treating her right. she worries that you hate her & that you actually believed eunbi" "don't talk about eunbi" "why not? you rather defend a girl who moved on from you two seconds after y'alls breakup or the girl who has always been there for you"

i felt his hands on my shoulder & felt my back hit the lockers. people started to crowd around.

there was blood & bruises all over his face and there was probably some on mine too.

as i was about to throw another punch someone came in between.

it was lee jeno.

"stop!" he & his friend mark grabbed us.

"what's going on? why are you two doing this? both of y'all are good kids"

"he hurt your sister!" "no i didn't!" "yAH! STOP YELLING!" he sighed, clearly frustrated.

"i'm an idiot" he mumbled. both jeongin & i were confused. "i should've never sent those stupid letters"

"you know what? let's not tell jae anything about this and you" he pointed at jeongin "you better talk to her. she's been there for you & now that she needs someone you leave her? that's not like you, jeongin"

then he looked at me "thanks jisung for trying to help but violence isn't the answer"