Chapter 7: Geekapalooza

"Woah. That's a lot of Maces and Talons players." Jim said as he and Claire walked into the city. The city shined like a thousand suns outside with all of its decorative blinking lights. It almost made Jim feel like he was back in the sunlight, which is something he's been begging to feel on his skin once again. The streets and sidewalks were crowded with comic-con enthusiasts. Many were in costumes, so it wasn't hard for Jim to blend in. Everyone began to gaze at him in awe and amazement.

"Yo...that costume is lit." A person said to them walking by, his fingers pointing to him. Jim's eyes went wide.

"Uh, thanks." Jim replied as he rubbed the back of his neck. If only they knew this wasn't a costume to begin with. Jim thought. Claire turned her gaze to him.

"Wow, you're becoming a Maces and Talons celebrity. Everyone won't stop staring at you." Claire said as she and Jim observed everyone's behavior. Hundreds of eyes stared at them, wondering how in the world Jim's "troll costume" looked so realistic.

"I know. I'm so thankful that everyone thinks that this is a costume. Just imagine the chaos if everyone knew that I was actually a tro-" Jim said before Claire shushed him, covering his mouth with her palm.

"Careful. Don't wanna blow your cover." Claire reminded him. Arcadia knows that trolls exist, but for the whole entire world to know would be catastrophic. It would cause quite a panic.

"Yeah Jimbo, you gotta lay low. Now, what is it you're looking for?" Toby asked. At Toby's house, the door opened. AAARRRGGHH! and Dictatious walked in. They heard the conversation on the phone.

"Well, we're looking for the paiute troll cave." Claire replied.

"Oh, they're in Las Vegas, are they?" Dictatious asked, curious, walking towards a bookshelf in Toby's room.

"Yeah, they are. Now would you get out of here?" Toby asked, annoyed at Dictatious' presence. AAARRRGGHH! sighed and looked down, thinking Toby was telling him to leave. Toby flailed his arms around. "Oh, not you wingman! You're cool!" AAARRRGGHH!'s face brightened. Jim and Claire noticed who was talking in the background.

"Hey, is that AAARRRGGHH! and Dictatious? We could use their help." Jim said as they both smiled continuing to walk through the crowds. Aaarrrggghhh and Dictatious both turned their heads, hearing the familiar voice on the phone.

"Hi." AAARRRGGHH! replied, waving.

"Ah, Trollhunter. Nice to hear your voice again." Dictatious added.

"Hi AAARRRGGHH!. Nice to hear from you too, Dictatious...I guess...listen, we need to find the Paiute troll caves. Know anything about them?" Jim asked. Dictatious tapped his chin while AAARRRGGHH! began to play Go Go Sushi.

"Hehehe...sushi." AAARRRGGHH! said, enjoying his video game.

"Hmmm...from what I can recall, the Paiute Trolls are an extremely private tribe. Very few have been able to locate their hideout. Legend tells that only those who are destined to confront them will be able to find the cave."

"It's still worth a shot to find them even if we aren't 'destined' to. Where should we start looking?" Jim said.

"I'm not sure. All knowledge of Paiute Troll history is recorded in journals by trolls that lived before. I once possessed such a book but because my brother burnt all of my books to a crisp in addition to not reading them, I have no knowledge of them or the cave." Dictatious explained. Claire gasped.

"Wait, did you say journal?" Claire asked as she dipped her hand in her pack. She took out the book that she and Jim found in the desert. "We found a book on our way here. We thought it could be a journal because of all the writing. We can't read it though." She took her phone from her pocket, snapped a picture of the cover with it, and sent it to Toby's phone. His phone beeped. Picking it up, he saw a notification on it.