Chapter 2: Separated

"Morgana," Merlin responded. His eyes returned back to normal. He was baffled as to how she even got into his mind. "You shouldn't be here. We-" He grunted, preventing her from controlling him. "We put an end to you. We trapped you-" He struggled again. "In the shadow realm!" He held his head, preventing Morgana from controlling his mind. Morgana chuckled. Suddenly, his eyes turned back to glowing yellow.

"You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? You really think you could defeat me? You may have gotten your magic back, old man. However, you didn't take into account what you also got from me." Morgana explained. Merlin was on the verge of completely giving up and realized he has made a huge mistake.

"No...your mind essence...it can't...it couldn't have possibly!" Merlin exclaimed, holding his head in pain. He couldn't hold back any longer. Morgana took complete control.

"Remember how I said there were so many ways of killing you? Well, this...is one of them." Merlin couldn't do anything else but scream from the pain until silence struck. His head drooped down and then slowly lifted back up.

"I'm back, Trollhunter, and I am coming for you."

Night time had arrived and the trolls were getting ready to head onto the trail once again. Jim had to go help the trolls prepare for tonight's walk so he wasn't lying down with Claire, who was still asleep. Jim walked over to Claire to wake her. He noticed her tossing and turning. Thinking she was having a bad dream, he rushed over.

"Claire? Hey, Claire?" Jim called to her. He patted her shoulder. She suddenly jolted up, hyperventilating and to the point of tears. Jim noticed it right away and held her face with his hands. "Hey, hey, it's okay. It's okay. Everything's alright." He said to her as he wiped her tears.

"No, no it's fine. Um...I just...had a nightmare." She said, low on breath. She tried to hold herself together until she started to tear up again. She grabbed Jim and pulled him in a tight hug.

"It's okay Claire. The nightmare's over." He said as he held her. He leaned his head against hers. "If you don't mind me asking, what was the nightmare about?" He asked her as she began to calm herself down in order to speak. She was still sniffling quite a bit.

"Well...I...I was at home in Arcadia. I was in my house watching TV. I was all alone and...suddenly the lights go out. The room is pitch black. Then there was...a dark figure. I think it was a man. I'm not entirely sure. His eyes glowed a bright yellow and he was surrounded by green fire....he...." Claire began to tear up again. "He was holding you by the collar of your armor...you....y-you..." Claire couldn't speak anymore. The nightmare was too much for her to handle. She started crying once again. She grabbed onto Jim even tighter. Jim realized what happened to him in the nightmare.

"Don't worry. I'm here. I'm here." Jim said. He grabbed her even tighter. He held her and stroked her head. She started to calm down. Blinky walked over, noticing her in tears. He rushed over to see if everything was okay.

"Claire, are you alright? What happened, Master Jim?" Blinky asked, concerned.

"She's okay, Blink. She just had a nightmare; nothing to worry about." Jim said, reassuring Blinky that he had it all under control.

"Well, that's a relief. Now, let's get a move on! We have a long way to go tonight." Blinky said as he pointed his finger in the air proudly. He then walked away to give the two some space. Jim and Claire let go of each other and started packing their stuff. Jim didn't have much to pack up. He didn't have anything but a few things of silverware to eat. It's one of the only kinds of food he liked as a troll. Claire noticed him packing all the forks and spoons in his bag.

"Hey Jim, I hope you don't mind me asking but why all the cutlery?" Claire asked as she pointed to it.

"Oh uh...funny story. I like to eat silverware." Jim said. Claire looked at him like he was crazy. Jim shrugged, "Apparently, it's normal for trolls to eat things like this."