Chapter 4: Paranormal Activity

Blinky and the rest of the group walked through the crystal tunnel until they got to the end of it. They came to a long hallway.

"Great gorgous." Blinky said. The walls were dusty and old. There were cobwebs as far as the eye could see. He saw rags draped over what he guessed were statues, lined up against the wall. Positioned in front of each statue's base was a single object. Blinky lifted one of the rags up slightly, discovering they were not statues, but corpses.

"Blauah!" Blinky uttered. He recoiled. As Blinky observed his surroundings, he came across a sign above his head. The sign was in Trollish. He read it aloud.

Long departed we have been

locked forever not to be seen

for our lives hath been taken

and we should not be awaken

The curse that binds us still

once undone will bring you ill

Blinky pondered the poem. He came to a realization. He knew where he was. "Oh, now I know where we are." Everyone turned their heads.

"Are we in a tomb?" Nomura asked.

"Yes, but this tomb holds more of a history than you may believe." Blinky replied. He walked around. "Long ago, these trolls wanted to start a new form of life; a life much unlike that of the Gumm-Gumms. They sought out a life filled with peace and prosperity. During their travels, they confronted the Paiute Native Americans. They came across the great Native American chief, Wovoka." A breeze blew through the tunnels.

"He performed a ritual with his people called the Ghost Dance, meant to bring peace to their lands. The trolls sought out the same peaceful nature as the Paiute tribe. Thus, they performed their own Ghost Dance. However, everything went horribly awry. With the crystals and gems they acquired from Killahead, they used them as an offering. The gems and crystals, however, held a powerful curse; a curse that, combined with the incantations they performed, killed the trolls within a fortnight." An eerie noise filled the tomb. Everyone looked around wondering where it came from. Blinky continued.

"Legend foretells that anyone who disturbs them will suffer the same fate." Again, the sound traveled through the halls. Everyone stiffened except for Merlin. A breeze still blew through the tunnels. Blinky observed the objects that were scattered around the tomb. He came across a few books. He opened one of them to reveal that it was a diary.

"I'm the last one left. We made a mistake. It's taken everyone. Many others have fled for protection. I pray to Deya for their safety." Blinky read aloud. Everyone listened as their eyes blazed with fear. "I'm so cold. My arm and head are all I can move. I cannot think so well anymore. I'm starting to fade." Blinky started to find it difficult to read the troll's handwriting. "I...I won't last for...much..." Blinky stopped reading.

"...that's it. It stops there." Blinky says. He closed the book. A piece of paper fell out of the book. He picked it up to reveal a map. Nomura came behind Blinky.

"What is that?"

"Well, I believe it's a map. I don't know what of, however. If you just give me a brief moment I can figure it out." Blinky responded. He took a close look at the map. He tilted it in different directions just to make sure he was holding it the right way. Nomura's rolled her eyes.

Merlin stood behind the group. He looked around, making sure no one was paying attention to his fingers behind his back, Merlin ran his hands along the tomb walls. As soon as his palm touched the walls, a bright light flashed. Everyone was blinded. Morgana whispered an incantation.